Care Coordinator, Behavioral Health Women's Care Clinic
Company: Grace Community Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Provide ongoing, extended case management as assigned.
Coordinate care and referrals to wrap around services that support
clinical care. This includes enrollment into insurance and benefit
programs for which clients are eligible: transportation, housing,
food, behavioral health specialty care and substance abuse
treatment. In addition, making proactive contacts to improve
patient outcomes and build relationships with health and social
services agencies in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with crisis intervention, complex and chronic mental
illness, and substance abuse in a multi-disciplinary team
- Work with underserved and/or transient populations.
- Work with patients who have co-occurring mental health,
substance abuse, and physical health problems.
- Knowledge of general medical practice models and processes such
as office procedures, medical records, health insurance, etc.
- Knowledge of clinical data collection and analysis strategies
needs assessments and program development.
- Skilled in data collection, tracking, and monitoring.
- Effectively collaborate with other health professionals in a
team setting, and work to develop procedures to promote integrated
behavioral health access and care.
- Able to multi-task and complete a variety of tasks each day
(e.g. phone calls, outreach, referrals, EMR documentation,
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grace Health recognizes that managing patient care is a team
effort that involves clinical and non-clinical staff. All employees
must embrace a team-based approach to patient care and understand
that each role is important to our success.
- Team members must demonstrate excellent team communication and
coordination to provide quality patient care.
- Care coordination includes communicating with community
organizations, health plans, facilities, and specialists.
- Care team members understand and embrace the concept of
population management and proactively address the needs of patients
and families served by this practice.
- Team members must demonstrate skill and knowledge related to
effective communication with vulnerable patient populations.
- Team members must participate in Continuous Quality Improvement
activities within the organization to ensure patients receive high
- All team members will be involved in the process of improving
- Team members will participate in the review and evaluation
processes of practice performance and help to identify
opportunities for improvement.
- Team members will participate in Grace Health's advocacy
- Follows policies and procedures of the office, including
administrative, clinical, quality assurance, and personnel
- Maintain good attendance (daily, meetings, and other assignment
- Maintain timely documentation of all work assignments
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Routinely keep supervisor informed about attendance and job
- Flexible in being able to multitask
- Work effectively and at an efficient pace
- Work cooperatively with providers, administration, and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
assist in advancing Grace Healths mission and to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be a resource for others and work with providers in
the community, as well as knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to effectively engage clients by telephone or in
- Knowledge of HIPAA confidentiality requirements as they relate
to health care and, specifically, behavioral health.
- Ability to offer understanding and respond effectively and with
sensitivity to special populations, such as those defined by race,
ethnicity, language, age, sex, sexual orientation, economic
standing, disability, migrant and seasonal worker status,
homelessness, people living with HIV/AIDS, and others.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software and database programs
such as Excel, and the ability to enter information within the
Electronic Medical Record.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Masters in Social Work Preferred, B.S. degree in psychology,
social work, counseling or related field, or equivalent education,
training, and experience specifically in the behavioral science
Grace Health provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Grace Community Health, Knoxville , Care Coordinator, Behavioral Health Women's Care Clinic, Other , Manchester, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!