LPN Nurse Navigator
Company: Summit Medical Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About Summit Medical Group
Summit Medical Group is East Tennessee's largest primary care
organization with more than 300 providers at 66 practice locations
in 15 counties. Summit also consists of four diagnostic centers,
mobile diagnostic services, eight physical therapy centers, four
express clinics, central laboratory, extensivist clinic, and sleep
services center. Summit provides healthcare services to more than
280,000 patients, averaging over one million encounters annually.
For more information, visit www.summitmedical.com
In addition to our commitment to the health of our community,
our organization is also committed to the health of our employees
through our employee Wellness Program. Employees receive a
discounted monthly insurance premium if they actively participate
in the wellness program. Furthermore, Summit Medical Group hires
only non-tobacco users. Pre-employment drug testing will include
testing for nicotine, and only candidates who pass the drug test
will be considered eligible for employment.
About Our Career Opportunity
Summit Medical Group corporate office is seeking an LPN Nurse
Navigator. This position is full time with optional 50% work from
home after first year. Flexible shifts of 8 or 10 hours ending at
Responsibilities: (List does not include all duties
- Under the supervision of the RN Care Coordination Team Leader,
contacts and tracks patient progress for the purpose of achieving
established Care Coordination patient directed goals.
- Provide support to the Care Coordination Team through
collecting, reporting and recording data contributing to RN
development of care plans and care coordination processes through
- Participate in establishing and maintaining a therapeutic nurse
- Contribute to the evaluation of patient response to the patient
directed plan of care through identification and communication of
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of services in
accordance with the plan of care, promoting high quality integrated
- Assist the RN Care Coordinator/Social Worker with the
coordination of institutional facilities as necessary to help
ensure the proper management of the patient's acute and/or chronic
physical health or behavioral health conditions.
- Facilitate patient understanding of the physician's treatment
plan, including but not limited to, medication adherence,
preventive care, and self-management skills.
- Act as an advocate for an individual's health care needs by
identifying and communicating potential needs to the RN Care
- Utilize criteria for authorizing appropriate home and community
based services, obtain authorization for those services and provide
follow up as needed.
- Provide assistance in resolving concerns about service delivery
or provider care.
- Promote coordination of patient's primary care provider,
specialists, other providers and care programs facilitating
comprehensive, holistic, person-centered approach to care.
- Consult with the RN Care Coordinator and/or other health team
members and seek guidance as necessary.
- Maintain security and privacy of patients.
- Actively participates in site-level Quality Improvement
Activities. Each employee will contribute to the continual
evaluation site performance as well as the implementation and
measurement of improvement activities that increase the quality of
care provided to patients.
Education: LPN with active license in the state of TN
- Three to five years of experience in clinical or administrative
role in medicalorganization
- Prior experience with disease management, population health
management, or other related health care environments
Certification/License: Valid Driver's License required
Keywords: Summit Medical Group, Knoxville , LPN Nurse Navigator, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!