Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) - Holston Health and Rehab
Company: National Healthcare Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at Holston Health and
Holston Health and Rehabilitation Center is currently seeking a
PRN Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) to join their
team of professionals in providing occupational therapy services
for patients who require rehabilitative treatment to help restore
strength, balance, and confidence after illness, injury, decline,
or surgery. The team at Holston Health and Rehabilitation Center
work in an interdisciplinary environment to develop individual
treatment plans for every patient using evidence based treatment
techniques for maximizing functional outcome!
The occupational therapy assistant is a skilled technical worker
who performs occupational therapy treatments and related duties as
assigned by the occupational therapist. This work is carried out
under the direction and supervision of the occupational therapist
in accordance with the rules and regulations of the state within
which the assistant practices.
- Must be a graduate of an AOTA accredited Occupational Therapy
Assistant Program and initially certified or eligible for
certification by the NCBOT
- Must have Tennessee COTA ( Certified Occupational Therapy
Assistant ) license
- Must have reliable transportation, a positive attitude, and be
a team player
- Prior SNF, Matrix, & Casamba experience a plus
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, materials and
equipment used in occupational therapy.
- Knowledge of the possible hazards to patients and necessary
precautionary measures during treatment.
- Ability to understand and follow the directions of the
occupational therapist pertaining to treatment programs,
documentation and the policies and procedures of the location
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, family and other personnel and to
obtain their cooperation in the treatment prescribed.
- Must demonstrate professional attitude, behavior and
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments and
disciplines following established policies, procedures or
guidelines of the location served.
- Ability to perform the mental, physical, and emotional
requirements of the job.
- Must be able to take direction from the occupational therapist
in an accurate and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide occupational therapy services under the direction of
the occupational therapist.
- Assist the occupational therapist when performing tests,
evaluations, and treatment procedures. Assist in collecting data in
accordance with professional standards and state regulations.
- Observe, record and report to the therapist, the conditions,
reactions, and responses of patients.
- Maintain documentation according to procedures of the location
served and assures that legal and third party reimbursement
requirements are met.
- Assist the occupational therapist in consulting with patients,
family members, and other health care professionals as
- Assist the occupational therapist with in-service programs and
other activities as assigned.
- Assist with regular checks for safety, care, and cleaning of
equipment and maintenance of safe, clean and professional work area
and other related items as requested.
- Must be able to maintain patient information as
- Must be aware of the effects, consequences, and ramifications
of treatment procedures.
- Assist occupational therapist as directed in performing public
relations functions including contacts with the medical and general
community in promoting occupational therapy services.
Holston Health and Rehabilitation Center offers a competitive
compensation package for full time employment including health,
dental, vision, life, disability insurance, scrub uniforms, paid
time off, 401 (k) with generous company match, and more.
We offer competitive rates and benefits for part time employment
including dental, vision, disability insurance, scrub uniforms, 401
(k) with generous company match, and more.
National HealthCare Corporation is recognized nationwide as an
innovator in the delivery of quality long-term care. Our goal is to
provide a full range of extended care services, designed to
maximize the well-being and independence of patients of all ages.
We are dedicated to meeting patient needs through an
interdisciplinary approach combining compassionate care with
cost-effective health care services.
The NHC environment is one of encouragement and challenge ...
innovation and improvement ... teamwork and collaboration ... and
honesty and integrity. All NHC employees are committed as partners,
not only to the health of our patients, but to the well-being of
the communities we serve.
If you are interested in working for a leader in senior care and
share NHC's values of honesty and integrity, please apply today and
find out more about us at nhccare.com/locations/holston/
Keywords: National Healthcare Corporation, Knoxville , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) - Holston Health and Rehab, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!