Company: Summit Medical Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About Summit Medical Group
Summit Medical Group is East Tennessee's largest primary care
organization with more than 300 providers at 66 practice locations
in 15 counties. Summit also consists of four diagnostic centers,
mobile diagnostic services, eight physical therapy centers, four
express clinics, central laboratory, extensivist clinic, and sleep
services center. Summit provides healthcare services to more than
280,000 patients, averaging over one million encounters annually.
For more information, visit www.summitmedical.com
In addition to our commitment to the health of our community,
our organization is also committed to the health of our employees
through our employee Wellness Program. Employees receive a
discounted monthly insurance premium if they actively participate
in the wellness program. Furthermore, Summit Medical Group hires
only non-tobacco users. Pre-employment drug testing will include
testing for nicotine, and only candidates who pass the drug test
will be considered eligible for employment.
About Our Career Opportunity
Summit Sleep Services, a division of Summit Medical Group, has
an opening for an experienced CMA or RMA to join their office to
assist with clinical tasks. This is a Full time opportunity,
working Monday-Friday 8:00AM to 4:30PM.
- Candidate must have proven background of exceptional customer
Responsibilities: (List does not include all duties
- Escorts patients to exam rooms and prepares patients for
examinations and procedures according to physician
- Records vital signs of patients, including pulse, blood
pressure, height, weight, etc.
- Performs appropriate procedures, such as phlebotomy,
injections, EKGs, holter monitors, etc.
- Assists the physician(s) with procedures, as well as
administering medications and conducting patient educations.
- Scribes for physician during patient consults and exams and as
- Handles phone nursing when appropriate, to include triaging,
pre-certs, referrals, calling in prescriptions, etc.
- Performs clerical duties necessary for the physicians to see
patients; contacts patients regarding test results or for other
related reasons as directed.
- If needed, schedules patient appointments with efficient use of
clinical time slots.
- Maintains stocked, neat and clean exam rooms and common work
areas on a daily basis.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Additional vocational or college credits required.
- Medical Assistant Certification required.
Experience: Six months of phlebotomy and clinical experience
Keywords: Summit Medical Group, Knoxville , CMA/RMA, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!