Extension Specialist, FRSAN Program Coordinator, Family & Consumer Sciences
Company: University of Tennessee
Posted on: June 12, 2021
POSITION X207 Extension Specialist, FRSAN Program
LOCATION The University of Tennessee, Institute of Agriculture,
UT Extension, Department of Family & Consumer Sciences, Knoxville,
EFFECTIVE DATE Screening of applicants' credentials will begin
immediately. Anticipated start date is March 1, 2021.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with training and experience. This is a
grant-funded position. Continued employment is contingent
upon performance and funding. Benefits include group
hospitalization and life insurance, State Employees Retirement;
Workers' Compensation; sick and annual leave; numerous
University of Tennessee and state benefits programs, including
liberal time off for holidays and longevity pay after three
years of service; reimbursement for official travel.
The Extension Specialist for the Farm and Ranch Stress
Assistance Network (FRSAN) grant is responsible to the Assistant
Dean for the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) and
receives direction from the grant's Principle Investigator (PI).
This specialist provides leadership as program coordinator for
planning, coordinating, developing, implementing, and evaluating
the FRSAN program to focus on the promotion of mental health of
farmers through the delivery of community-based interventions. This
is a nontenure accruing position. Continuation of this grant-funded
appointment is contingent upon continued funding through the
National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) within the United
States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Earned Master's degree in Family and Consumer Sciences,
psychology, social work, child and family studies, family and
consumer sciences, human development, agricultural leadership,
community development or closely related.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience without an earned doctorate
as an Extension Assistant II or related position
- Demonstrated promise in teaching, Extension, and/or service in
alignment with the appointment
- Experience with grants management and oversight
- Strong collaboration and communication skills (verbal and
- Knowledge of mental health, rural issues, agriculture and
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability
- Ability to organize, apply sound judgment, and complete
assignments in a timely manner both independently and as part of a
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with both
intradisciplinary and interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to travel within and outside the state, as
Attach the following electronic documents to the
- Curriculum vita or resume;
- Letter of interest;
- List of references (four minimum);
- Official transcript(s) showing degree(s) conferred.
Please apply online by clicking this link:
UT Extension Phone: (865) 974-7245
212 D Morgan Hall Fax: (865) 974-0882
Knoxville TN 37996-4525
Web Site: http://utextension.tennessee.edu
Keywords: University of Tennessee, Knoxville , Extension Specialist, FRSAN Program Coordinator, Family & Consumer Sciences, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!