Community Living Specialist / Scott County
Company: Frontier Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Provides direct care/support in the individual's home that
includes: acquisition, retention or improvement in skills related
to activities of daily living, such as personal grooming and
cleanliness, bed making, and household chores, eating and the
preparation of food, and social and adaptive skills necessary to
enable the individual to reside in a community setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: High School Diploma/GED required.
Licensure: Must be 21 years of age and and have valid driver's
license (eligible for F endorsement).
Experience: Experience in a direct care environment
Knowledge/Skills: Ability to maintain composure in difficult
Verbal/written communication skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for working independently in individual's
- Responsible for providing supervision to individuals on a
continuous basis for duration of scheduled shift.
- Assists individuals with daily living needs in preparing meals,
bathing, cleaning, social interaction, etc. as needed by each
- Must successfully complete medication training and deliver
medication to individuals as prescribed with appropriate
- Must be able to safely drive a 15-passenger van and maintain a
safe driving record.
- Record/chart pertinent information and observations, resident
discussions, plans, progress, skills and abilities.
- Implement individualized plans, collect data and submit to
supervisor in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and supervise residential and community
socialization activities as selected by individuals.
- Maintain the residence in a neat and clean manner.
- Monitor health and safety needs of individuals while on
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings
and inservices and individual program planning staffings as
- All other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Frontier Health, Knoxville , Community Living Specialist / Scott County, Other , Duffield, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!