Paramedic in Alcoa, TN
Company: American Medical Response
Posted on: June 12, 2021
More Information about this Job
Job Title: Paramedic (Basic)
Reports To: Operations Supervisor (Field)
Department: EMS - Field Operations
Employment Status: Part-Time (Non-Exempt)
Location: Alcoa, TN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct a careful examination of the patient for signs and
symptoms of illness/injury, determines best course of action for
care/transport within scope of license, assists other medical
personnel, as necessary.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including
defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous
fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to
provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency
during calls and within Incident Command System.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety
- Provides careful handling, lifting, moving of the patient in
moving them to the stretcher, ambulance, bed, etc.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical
direction and to provide critical information.
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information
and assurance that care is being given, and to show
- Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit
management as needed.
- Safely drive the ambulance and/or transport patient(s) (per
DOT/State/Company Rules) and provide map reading and/or navigation
support to minimize call response time.
- Continuously maintain all required certifications (Company &
- Communicate with dispatcher(s) to receive and understand call
data and customer/patient feedback.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it
clean and stocked as required by Company/State Rules and for
optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
- Document activities with regard to patient care and billing
completely to ensure appropriate information is available/provided
regarding each call.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding "out-of-chute" times
and turnaround times.
- Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when
determining transportation destinations.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift (Hold Over) with little or
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all
allied health and public safety personnel.
- Reports immediately to the on-duty supervisor and/or account
manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient
- Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street
signs and address numbers.
- Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in
quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in
various environments to interview patient, family members, and
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration
due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio
as to status of patient.
- Adhere to all Company (including Federal, State, County, City)
policies, procedures and rules.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security
policies and procedures.
- Respects and holds in confidence all information of a
confidential nature obtained in the course of professional work
unless required by law to divulge such information.
- Refuses to participate in unethical procedures and assumes the
responsibility to expose incompetence or unethical conduct of
others to the appropriate authority in a proper and professional
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members
(including skilled nursing, assisted living, and hospital
facilities) on a regular basis to ensure that AMR is meeting their
needs. Reports these interactions to the operations and/or account
manager on a regular basis.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and
establish strong community relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test.
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical
stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely
affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and
balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of
equipment and other objects.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced
- Current State Paramedic License.
- Current and valid State driver's license.
- Current child & adult CPR, BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or
PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by
- Driving record and background in compliance with AMR Safety and
- Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: American Medical Response, Knoxville , Paramedic in Alcoa, TN, Other , Alcoa, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!