JBT Airport Services is an industry leading, dedicated provider
of Maintenance Services to Airlines throughout North America. Our
maintenance services cover the full range of service from 24 hour,
7 day per week on-site service and emergency call out, to periodic
maintenance of equipment based on technical visits quarterly,
semi-annually, and/or annually with supplementary emergency support
and call out as needed.
As a member of the JBT team you'll enjoy a competitive benefits
package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage.
This position is located at Kona International Airport in
- Perform system start-up, system troubleshooting, and
preventative maintenance requirements.
- Perform minor maintenance duties and assist trade technicians
in and around airport facilities.
- Respond to and correct issues that may exist within the
facility, equipment, or systems.
- Report issues found that could potentially lead to additional
- Drive and operate different equipment such as golf carts,
company vehicles, forklifts, etc.
- Comply with company safety program and trainings.
- Ability to work productively and cohesively in a diverse and
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
While performing the duties of General Maintenance Technician,
the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and
fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly
lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The employee must have the
ability to use hand trucks, forklifts, tugs, and lift trucks.
Ability to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp
around aircrafts and the confined areas of baggage conveyor
systems. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
good close proximity vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Good hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment is similar to airport operation with
vehicular traffic. The employee regularly works near moving
mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside
weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic
chemicals, cold, and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- 1+ years of related experience in equipment maintenance and
- Ability to complete training and security checks required to
receive security badge for access to restricted airport areas.
- Intermediate understanding of PLC Control systems a plus.
- Proficient with problem solving, math reasoning, verbal and
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Familiarity with Airport operations a plus.
- Computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Word and
- Ability to communicate professionally to customers and fellow
- Ability to be badged to work in secure areas of an
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift including weekends and
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity
for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant
for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran
status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to
which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal
Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action
employer. If you require accommodation during the application
process, please contact the local Human Resources department.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from
completing the online application, please seek the assistance of
your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active
relationships with local employment services agencies, and they
have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help
in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United
States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Susan Cotton at 844-286-4524 if your
disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE:
Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a
disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line
will not be able to give you a status update regarding your
application and will not be the individuals making a decision
regarding your employment.