Recruiter 2 - Temporary (Part-Time Hours)
Company: Oak Ridge Associated Universities
Location: Oak Ridge
Posted on: June 12, 2021
APPOINTMENT TYPE:Temporary (Part-Time) (Contingent
This is a contingent opportunity
PURPOSE: Recruit applicants for Workforce Solutions employee
programs with federal agencies and national laboratories (e.g.,
NIH, NNSA, CMS, DoD, etc.). Maintain a pool of interested and
eligible applicants in accordance with customers' research needs.
Represent ORAU at recruiting fairs and other outreach
opportunities. Maintain applicant and participant data in readily
assessable format. Utilize industry best practices and tools to
source, qualify and close candidates for high volume, open
requisitions. Work collaboratively in a fast-paced,
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under minimal supervision and acting with a high degree of
independence, conducts a variety of tasks associated with the
recruitment, screening and selection of new employees. Tasks
- Assist in formulating recruitment plans for ORAU Workforce
- Build and manage relationships as well as provide "white glove
service" to key stakeholders.
- Establish relationships with relevant colleges, universities
and trade schools in support of staffing needs.
- Review recruitment requirements with stakeholders to determine
- Conduct hiring manager intake calls as needed.
- Partner and coach hiring managers on best practices with
recruiting interviewing and retention including providing
one-on-one support with reviewing resumes, interviewing
- Write compelling job descriptions appropriate to the customer's
- Enter requisitions in ORAU applicant tracking systems or a
customer's system, as needed.
- Use industry standard and requisition-specific appropriate
strategies to source candidates.
- Conduct interviews via telephone, video interviews or in
- Review job specifications, make salary recommendations and
negotiate starting salary with management and candidate, administer
tests and interpret results, and arrange transportation of selected
applicants, as needed.
- Formulate plans to meet manpower needs, develop advertising
campaigns by preparing copy for electronic employment
advertisements, determining ad placement and coordinating
advertising schedules in appropriate media.
- Review resumes, advertising responses and employment
applications, conduct interviews, and screen applicants for
technical competence, applicable background and skills, individual
goals and ability to fit in the organization and function
- Coordinate the conduct of reference checks and evaluate
reference data concerning previous employment record and make
employment recommendations based on information developed through
interviews, reference checks, applications and resumes.
- Coordinate arrangements for pre-employment medical
examinations, travel, reporting dates, security clearances and
employment on-boarding. Provide applicants with pre-employment
information regarding job requirements, location, compensation,
benefits, allowances and employment policies.
- Participate in gathering, preparing, and analyzing a variety of
employment data relating to advertising effectiveness, turnover,
diversity recruitment, recruiting campaigns and related items as
- Assist with virtual events as needed (e.g., virtual career
fairs, webinars, virtual meetings, video interviews, etc.).
- Understand and apply employment law.
- Conduct market research to assist with hard-to-fill recruiting
- Employ diversity recruitment strategies as needed to meet
- Be an expert in ORAU recruiting tools, such iCIMS, LinkedIn,
Handshake, Zintellect, social media, etc.
- Participate in recruiting team meetings.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Collaborate with the Workforce Solutions team to accomplish the
- Assist with ORAU Government Solutions' business development
activities, as needed.
- Assist with mentoring less experienced recruiters on the
Workforce Solutions team and as a team expert in sourcing qualified
candidates for ORAU employment opportunities using databases, the
internet, and social media.
- Act as a recruiting subject matter expert and a resource for
ORAU Workforce Solutions' hiring managers, as needed.
- Other tasks that support ORAU Workforce Solutions, as requested
by the Group Manager or Director.
Bachelor's degree in business, communications, scientific,
technical, education or related field and 3-5 years of job related
experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience
performing duties as described may be substituted for the minimum
- 3 - 5 years of STEM recruiting experience required
- Public health or national security recruiting experience is a
- Experience recruiting in a fast-paced, high volume recruitment
- Proven track record recruiting multiple requisitions
- Experience recruiting for high tech and scientific expertise is
- Possession of security clearance highly desired
- Experience recruiting for government agencies or national
laboratories is a plus
- Experience sourcing candidates with security clearances is
- Must have the ability to prioritize open requisitions and
related tasks to meet business needs
- Certification in recruitment is highly desirable
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems is required,
experience with iCIMS a plus
- Possess strong written, electronic, and oral communication
skills. Experience with presentations is a requirement. Experience
with writing and editing is a requirement.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel,
- Be proficient in a virtual meeting software, ideally Microsoft
- Demonstrate experience in sourcing tools such as LinkedIn,
Keywords: Oak Ridge Associated Universities, Knoxville , Recruiter 2 - Temporary (Part-Time Hours), Other , Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!