Part Time Animal Control Officer & Shelter Tech
Company: Anderson County Government
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY: Provides care for animals. Maintains the
Animal Shelter and provides customer service. Responds to
complaints and calls concerning loose, stray, and sick
animals.Includes the following, and other duties may be
assigned.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESInclude the
following. Other duties may be assigned. ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF
- Assists with performing required administrative duties such as
logging calls, preparing surrender forms, bite reports, etc.
- Ensures the cleanliness and proper maintenance of the animal
services facility and recommends the procurement of maintenance
services when necessary.
- Ensures the humane handling and care of all animals taken in by
the animal services facility.
- Ensures that each animal's nutritional and housing needs are
met on a daily basis.
- Apprehends, processes, and impounds lost, injured, or abandoned
- Responds to complaints and calls concerning loose, stray, and
- Checks and verifies animals for proof of rabies
- Completes and maintains logs, records, and reports associated
with animal control duties.
- Drives and operates animal control vehicles.
- Assists the public with the admission and adoption of animals
and promotes responsible pet ownership at all times.
- Assists the public with completing application forms and makes
assessment of their ability to adequately care for adopted
- Observes and evaluates animals for signs of illness and reports
symptoms to the appropriate personnel.
- Interacts with pet owners and the public when dealing with
stray or abandoned animals, or animals that have been hurt or have
- Educates the public on the law and ordinances pertaining to
animal ownership and control.
- Assists with the intake of animals and the day to day showing
of the animals.
- Performs related duties as required.NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS OF
WORKGraduated from an accredited high school or equivalent is
preferred. Previous experience in animal control is preferred.
Training in the field is encouraged. Strong organizational,
interpersonal, and decision-making skills; dedicated attention to
detail; or any equivalent combination of education or experience to
provide the following knowledge, ability, and skills:
- Ability to interact with the public and other employees in a
- Ability to pick up animals in a safe and effective manner and
transport them to the shelter.
- Understanding of the protocols and rules associated with the
- Ability to lift and carry animals and other equipment.
- Ability to work indoor and outdoor and in all-weather types.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Possession of a valid Tennessee Driver's License. PREFERRED:
WILLINGNESS TO ENGAGE IN TRAINING
- Level 1 and 2 National Animal Control Association Training
- Euthanasia Certification The Anderson County Government is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the County may provide reasonable accommodations
to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both
prospective and current employees to discuss potential
accommodations with the employer. Signatures below indicate the
receipt and review of this job description by the employee assigned
to the job and the immediate supervisor.
Keywords: Anderson County Government, Knoxville , Part Time Animal Control Officer & Shelter Tech, Other , Clinton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!