Life Enrichment Activities Assistant PART TIME
Company: Morning Pointe
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionLife Enrichment Activities Assistant Part Time:
Do you have a true passion for providing care to seniors in their
time of need? The Morning Pointe difference seeks to provide
opportunities for growth in a positive family atmosphere. We strive
to translate our associates' passion into meaningful experiences
that provide our residents with the highest quality of care.Primary
This position is part of the Morning Pointe team responsible for
the execution of resident-focused life enrichment activities.
Candidates should have experience in senior resident services and
activities for seniors with Alzheimer's and other Memory Care
needs. Previous Life Enrichment experience in a senior Living
Community setting preferred. Strong verbal and written
communications skills as well as excellent organization and
interpersonal skills are a must. Should have basic computer skills
and use Windows 98 and basic office suite software. Occasional
travel required. Valid driver's license and proof of insurability
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Resident Focused Duties:
- Responsible for implementation of special Morning Pointe
programs such as hydration, falls prevention, exercise and others
- Identify and share resident success stories and best practices
to improve quality of service provided.
- Assist with accurate assessments of each resident to identify
lifestyles and needs in the resident's record.
- Conduct individual and group life enrichment programs. Offer a
minimum of six (6) group activities a day, as well as individual
activities based on the residents' interests and The Lantern
- Meet with residents on a regular basis to encourage programming
- Assist in the coordination of regular family events.
- Assist with the distribution of mail and snacks as needed.
- Assist Program Director with transportation for residents as
Community Relations Duties:
- Assist in the development of community relations programs
(i.e., volunteers and special events/corresponding press
releases/photos for local media).
- As a hostess and greeter, ensure that all visitors to the
community are greeted and directed to the proper person or area
when not engaged in activities.
- Assist when not in activities, to ensure that the telephone is
answered promptly and appropriately.
- As needed, inform supervisor and Executive Director of any
concerns related to residents, associates or the Community at
- Assist Program Director when conducting Community orientation
with new residents.
- Assist with daily mail delivery.
- Assist with documentation in serviced records upon admission,
in conjunction with the service assessments and per required
- Assist with implementation of monthly activities calendar.
- Assist the Program Director in the development and distribution
of the Community newsletter.
- Complete and distribute birthday cards to residents and
- Provide information about the residence when the Executive
Director, Resident Services Director or Program Director is not
- Plan and carry out special projects as assigned.
Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, bending,
turning and stretching. Finger and hand dexterity required. Visual
and hearing acuity essential. Ability to understand and carry out
written and oral instructions necessary.
- Assist with meals (serving and feeding)
- Make beds neatly and apply appropriate bedding
- Clean assigned rooms (bathrooms, bed change, dust, and
- Give assigned showers and assist with showers
- Assist residents to bathroom
- Monitor residents at least every two hours to assure safety and
that linens and clothing are clean and dry
- Put laundry away and wash as much laundry that time allows
- Carry radio and beeper at all times
- Report any changes or abnormal occurrences to nurse (pressure
spots, bruising, skin tears, swelling, etc…)
- Assist with ADLs
- Provide frequent hydration
- Responsible for the resident's physical, mental, and spiritual
well being. We are to assist one another to meet these needs.
Keywords: Morning Pointe, Knoxville , Life Enrichment Activities Assistant PART TIME, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!