Company: Ruth's Chris Steak House
Posted on: September 22, 2022
DescriptionGet ready for the BEST JOB you ever had!Do you have a
passion for preparing the highest quality food that is delighting
Guests around the world? Are you interested in being part of a
world class team committed to promoting from within and preparing
you for a CAREER? If so, this is your opportunity to join the Ruths
Chris family and join the company that defined The American Steak
House in 1965 and continues to set the standard for quality and
being a great place to work.What We Offer: Flexible and predictable
scheduling, competitive pay, significant Team Member discounts,
competitive health and vacation benefits, an inclusive work
environment committed to diversity, structured career development,
and growth opportunities.What We Ask: Come to work each shift with
a great attitude and ready to contribute to the success of the
team, be willing to learn from your Coach how to excel at your job,
and work with us to create an environment where everyone feels
welcome and is able to experience the Sizzle that is the Ruths
Chris experience.We are looking forward to talking with
you.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the
correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and
cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Obtains station assignments from host/hostess or
Manager-On-Duty at the start of the work shift; correctly completes
all assigned opening and side work duties in a timely manner.
- Sets-up and restocks service stations before, during and after
service; restocks glassware, ice and other items needed for the
- Greets Guests immediately, makes suggestions and answers
questions regarding food, beverages and service. Practices
salesmanship to enhance the dining experience without allowing
Guests to over order. Uses Guests names regularly throughout the
- Takes and records food and beverage orders from guests
according to RCSH Sequence of Service and Pivot Point systems.
- Processes Guests orders, using the computer terminal according
to RCSH Sequence of Service, Pivot Point and Food Timing systems to
ensure all items are prepared and served on a timely basis. Ensures
all items are rung on the computer.
- Ensures that all food and beverages delivered and served are
served promptly, garnished correctly and meet the
quality/presentation standards of RCSH. Personally serves all entre
items to the guests.
- Observes restaurant diners to ensure that guests are satisfied
with food, beverages and service: immediately recognizes and
responds to any guest needs and/or requests.
- Serves water, bread and butter to Guests in assigned area
immediately upon being seated. Serves refreshments regularly
throughout the dining experience.
- Packages all leftovers tableside according to RCSH
- Clears and replaces items (e.g., dishes, silverware, beverage
containers) as needed for next course
- Maintains tables and station according to RCSH standards
throughout the dining experience.
- Practices teamwork by assisting fellow Team Members, as needed,
by serving food, practicing table maintenance and bussing to
enhance our Guests dining experience.
- Communicates to the Manager-On-Duty any and all situations
where a Guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any
aspect of the dining experience.
- Correctly presents the Guest check and processes payment for
all food and beverages sold.
- Closes station only upon direction from Manager-On-Duty;
correctly completes all closing, side work and checkout duties in a
- Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and
sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
- Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a
seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
- Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards
and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet
- Additional duties as assigned.COMPETENCIES/PERSONAL
CHARACTERISTICS:Guest First Mindset
- Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on
the Guest experience
- Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine
interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for
all GuestsJOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Has extensive knowledge of wine and spirits
- Excellent Guest service skills and a strong work ethic
- Well-organized with ability to take and place food and beverage
- Ability to operate point-of-sale systems
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and
people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
- Handle stress associated with responding to/solving
- Ability to take orders quickly and accuratelyPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time,
at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant
- Ability read, speak, write, and understand communication in
- Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. trays, small wares
and equipment) at a minimum of 35 pounds frequently and up to 50
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel,
stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen
- Must be able to continuously use fingers (e.g. to bilaterally
operate point-of-sale equipment, prepare and serve food/beverage
- Work is performed in a restaurant
- Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and
holidays, as required
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises
from restaurant equipment and machinery, fumes, odors, dust and
- Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree
Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree
FahrenheitNOTE: The information here does not constitute a
contract, express or implied. The content of this material is not
all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruths Chris
Steak House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Knoxville , Server, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!