Practice Administrator II
Company: Covenant Health Inc.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
OverviewPractice Administrator, Knoxville Heart Group Full Time,
80 Hours Per Pay, Day Shift Position Summary: Directs, manages and
coordinates the overall functions of a large multi-provider,
multi-specialty practice (9 or more providers) to ensure
maximization of cash flow while maintaining/improving patient,
Provider and other customer relations. Directly responsible for
managing Provider relationships and is the Providers main point of
contact for CMG. Responsibilities
- Maintains established Covenant policies and procedures, goals
and objectives, quality assurance program, and safety standards.
Ensures policies are communicated and administered
- Assumes responsibility for selecting, hiring, managing,
training, discipline, and discharge of office employees within CMG
approved policies and levels. Supervises and evaluates performance
over assigned personnel. Meets with staff as appropriate.
- Directs financial goals of practice by ensuring efficient and
timely billing and collection process. Reviews current status of
patient accounts to identify and resolve billing and processing
problems in a timely manner.
- With CMGs assistance, implements approved referral tracking
system, communicates the results of tracking on regular basis to
Providers and CMG, and insures compliance with and use of system by
employees in CMGs physical locations.
- Directs efficient materials management process. Ensures
cost-efficient ordering and utilization of supplies using preferred
- Ensures office compliance with regulatory and governmental
- Works closely with Providers and CMG corporate to address
quality and pay-for-performance initiatives by payers and other
entities, potentially including but not limited to issues like
medical home, etc.
- Establishes positive working environment with Providers, staff
and preferred outside vendors. Promotes open communication within
- Oversees and monitors operating expenses and performs within
budget as applicable.
- Provides necessary resources and support as needed for all
office departments and location as applicable.
- Recommends opportunities for coordination of interdepartmental
- Assists in development and monitoring of budget and performance
- Maintains efficient and effective information and reporting
systems. Recommends changes to enhance capabilities.
- Responsible for building and grounds oversight and maintenance
- Monitors referrals of patients and proactively works towards
causing Providers to refer patients in accordance with the terms of
their respective employment agreements.
- Maintains consistent communication with Providers and mid-level
providers in practice and works closely with them to address their
- Works closely with CMG and Providers to design, plan, implement
and manage additional services or staff as needed and approved to
promote effective and efficient practice.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes
required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving
goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement
initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned. QualificationsMinimum
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, prefer Bachelors
degree in business or related field Minimum Experience: Three (3)
years of experience in multi-specialty practice (9 or more
providers). Prefer special certifications that can be utilized in
other areas of the practice, including but not limited to, X-ray,
Lab, Ortho and etc. Licensure Requirement: None Apply/ShareJob
Title Practice Administrator II ID 3472596 Facility Covenant
Medical Management Department Name KNOXVILLE HEART GRP
Keywords: Covenant Health Inc., Knoxville , Practice Administrator II, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!