In-Home Health Paramedic
Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: November 25, 2022
ATTENTION ALL PARAMEDICS!!
Global Medical Response is looking for highly qualified and skilled
acute care paramedics that have what it takes to be on the cutting
edge of healthcare. Come join us on the next frontier of
healthcare-the virtual hospital model.
The Mobile Integrated Health (MIH) Paramedic is an exciting
opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to acutely ill
patients that are receiving their hospitalization at home. Once a
patient is determined by the hospital to meet inpatient
hospitalization criteria, the MIH Paramedic is dispatched to the
patient's home to set up their "hospital room" in the privacy of
their own home. This involves establishing remote monitoring
technology, conducting physical assessments, medication
reconciliation, assisting with medication administration, and any
other tasks deemed necessary for the patient as directed by the
provider team. You will work in collaboration with an RN who
functions as the patients' primary nurse and provider team that is
responsible for the ongoing oversight and care of the patient,
serving as their hands, eyes, and ears. Throughout the patient's
hospital course, you will be dispatched to patients' homes to
provide direct patient care as directed by the primary care team to
ensure patients continue to receive the same, if not better,
high-quality care they would receive in a brick-and-mortar
The MIH Paramedic is supported in the medical decisions and
treatments they provide. Patients have direct access to their
primary care team 24 hours a day through the technology platform in
their home. The MIH Paramedic utilizes this same technology as they
provide patient care. The MIH Paramedic role is an exciting
opportunity to be pioneers in a new innovative care model of
treating acutely ill patients in the comfort of their own home
leading to better patient outcomes. Come join a team of passionate
caregivers in a patient centered care model.
- Strong communication with other members of the
interdisciplinary team including other MIH team members,
management, and outside agencies.
- Facilitating scheduling needs, equipment and supply
maintenance, and other operational support functions as assigned by
the MIH Base Manager and/or Regional Director of Operations.
(Supply counts, vehicle maintenance/record keeping, making a
- Collaborate seamlessly with the network of partners that make
this possible including patients, their families, public safety
agencies, training institutions, hospital personnel, and others as
- Ensure Patient Care Reports (PCRs) and other field paperwork is
100% reconciled daily in conjunction with the PCR processing.
- Ensure 100% of operational response exceptions are brought to
closure with appropriate action.
- Integrate into a hospital based clinical care team.
- Prepare reports and manage projects as assigned by the MIH Base
Manager and/or Regional Director of Operations.
- Manage all aspects of MIH vehicles including, but not limited
to maintenance, registration, on-board equipment (e.g. inverters,
refrigerators), maintaining mileage logs, etc.
- Clean and maintain vehicles daily.
- Remain up-to-date on all regulatory training (clinical,
non-clinical, CME, etc.) and ensure that all certifications are
uploaded into the appropriate systems. Coordinate and work with the
MIH Base Manager and/or MIH National Clinical Director to develop
specific and deliberate training plans as needed.
- Work with MIH Base Manager and/or MIH National Clinical
Director to ensure all lab compliance rules are adhered to (i.e.
- Subject matter expert on all clinical equipment. Responsible
for maintaining equipment and associated supplies.
- Clean and maintain facilities daily.
- Manage supply inventory using supply/operations management
software and ensure the team has adequate supplies on-hand to
successfully conduct operations. Ensure daily narcotic logs are in
order and vehicle checks (on-board supplies/equip.) are completed.
Work with the GMR IT Team to get our program in Operative IQ (or
any other market-specific software) as applicable. Manage Medically
Home Tech Kits and Patient Supply Boxes (incl. sanitization).
- Coordinate with MIH Base Manager and GMR IT Team to facilitate
and manage all aspects of IT including, but not limited to computer
maintenance, any and all pertinent systems account setup (e.g.
OLOS, MEDS, Outlook/O365, GMR email, Kronos, etc.) for team
- Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal
employment laws and company policies. (i.e., Americans with
Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.).
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, procedures, and
- Conduct root cause analysis to aid in continuous process
improvement building operational efficiency using the Baldwin
Safety reporting chiclet on Okta.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Five years (5) full time experience as a paramedic or past
experience as an RN in an acute care setting.
- Must have at lest Five years of Paramedic experience.
- Community Paramedic Exam and State License must be obtained
within 90 days of hire.
- Must have a current and valid Paramedic certification in the
state of practice and/or clinical oversight and must maintain
qualifications and experience level in all aspects of services
- Valid state driver's license.
- Must have current American Heart Association Health Care
Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Excellent time management, communication, and organizational
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology.
- Must have International Board of Specialty Certification (IBSC)
Community Paramedic Certification within one (1) year of starting
- Must have current MMR and Hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Must consent to initial new-hire TB testing and receiving an
annual flu shot prior to November 1st each year.
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and boosted in accordance
with current CDC guidelines due to hospital contractual
requirements in this program. EEO Statement:
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Knoxville , In-Home Health Paramedic, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!