Human Resource/Safety Assistant
Company: Kawasaki Tennessee, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Kawasaki Tennessee, Inc., a growing automotive die casting and
machining facility, is currently accepting resume for
*Day Shift Hourly Human Resource Assistant*
\*Eligible candidates must pass a skills assessment which includes
math, problem solving, and Excel proficiency to be considered for
*Essential Job Duties*
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls & visitors - daily
- Schedule hourly interviews
- Schedule pre-employment testing and drug screens
- Contact candidates, describe job and make offer
- Coordinates temporary employee acquisitions & transactions -
- Reviews and records Temporary hours for VP weekly report -
- Schedules weekly new hire orientation on calendar, listing new
hires & depts.
- New Hire Orientation - weekly
- Back-up for payroll (will process payroll once every 2
- Process key scan cards as needed
- Prints & distributes employee evaluations monthly
- Maintain company employee photo listing by dept
- Scans all termed employee medical/personnel files as needed
- Conducts COVID screening and questionnaire - as needed
- Files for department on a daily basis.
- Department errands as needed (embroidery, lunch, etc.)
- Tracks and reports on pertinent metrics each month
- Scans new hourly employee fingerprints into system - weekly
- Sort and distribute biweekly payroll checks - bi-weekly
- Collects paperwork from the HR lockbox in both plants twice
- Provides clerical support for HR and Safety
- Schedule Worker's Comp medical appointments for injured
- Scan and save Safety Data Sheets to K: Drive.
- Maintain Chemical Inventory List
- Schedule Safety Training as needed.
- Maintain Worker's Comp files.
- Worker's Comp claim reporting.
- Assist with Worker's Comp claim follow-up emails.
- Assist with Fleet Program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all IATF 16949 requirements.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - particularly Excel, Word, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to relate well with customers and vendors in person, over
the phone and via e-mail.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Positive & professional attitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced office
- Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to work with
- Must be able to exercise discretion while working with
- *Excellent attendance history is critical.*
- Associate's Degree and 1 year of human resources experience
preferred but not required or equivalent experience
- Solid work history and willingness to successfully function in a
- Strong math skills and computer skills.
- Excellent attendance history
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of
- Ability to read and understand procedures and process
- Must be proficient in Windows based software packages.
- The noise level is usually quiet to moderately loud.
- Employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- When in production area, employee may be exposed to fumes or
airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock. The plant
environment is hot. In Die Cast Department, employee must be aware
of molten aluminum and hot surfaces.
This position will be evaluated upon previous work experience,
training or education related to the position. In addition, final
candidates will be rated on interviews, communication skills,
performance, attendance, and testing.
Base hourly - Day shift
Excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement
Occasional night shift or overtime may be required
COMPETITIVE PAY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Fax their resume along with hourly requirement to*: *
Human Resources Manager
Kawasaki Tennessee, Inc.
1111 Sakura Drive
Morristown, TN 37813
*No phone calls, please*
*Equal Opportunity Employer*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.57 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Kawasaki Tennessee, Inc., Knoxville , Human Resource/Safety Assistant, Other , Morristown, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!