Visual Story Teller
Posted on: November 25, 2022
WBIR, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in Knoxville, is looking for
a highly-skilled Visual Story Teller who can create exciting
content for television, social media, and mobile. Our ideal
candidate is familiar with the latest video and editing tools and
techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all
platforms. They are proficient with live news-gathering tools and
can edit all elements for a fast-paced, highly produced newscast.
- Using the latest photography and editing tools.
- Creative storytelling with the highest journalistic
- Using creative production techniques such as graphics and other
forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to
- Editing, filing and posting a variety of video elements
including voice-overs, packages, bumpers and some promotional
- Show editing experience a plus.
- Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with
Edius is a plus.
- ENG shooting experience is also a plus, job requires gathering
content in the field.
- Maintaining and being responsible for all issued station
equipment and vehicles, in accordance with policy.
- Have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player
with news team and staff at all times.
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and
capturing feeds and FTP material from multiple TEGNA stations,
network affiliates and news partner, while constantly monitoring
- Performing other tasks as required by supervisor or news
- FAA Part 107 certification a plus, experience with drones a
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Experience in photojournalism, non-linear editing, and content
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live
- Demonstrated social media proficiency
- Demonstrated news judgment, photography experience, and
non-linear editing skills
- Flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Knowledge of a variety of video cameras and non-linear editing
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant
time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and
changing eventsAbout TEGNA TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative
media company that serves the greater good of our communities.
Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts
impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing
solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is
the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets
among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent
of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading
multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing
Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses
reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT)
platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For
more information, visit . TEGNA requires all employees to be fully
vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus. EEO
statement: TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are
a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We
encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status,
personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family
responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational
school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic
information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to
Keywords: WBIR, Knoxville , Visual Story Teller, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!