Company: Smoky Mountain Resorts
Location: Pigeon Forge
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Who We Are: *
The culture of East Tennessee can be characterized by our friendly
nature, a passion for the outdoors, a desire to help others, and a
commitment to excellence. Smoky Mountain Resorts mirrors the
culture of East Tennessee. Our organization is more than a set of
hotels. We are an East Tennessee family-owned business in our third
generation. We have a long and strong commitment to helping the
East Tennessee community in any way we can.
To us, our community is personal!
We are seeking people that enjoy being part of a team and of a
community. Specifically, we are looking for people who are
passionate about making a real difference in our guests'
*Our Culture: *
We are a hard-working, well-paying, fun-loving, passionate group of
characters. Our associates love the high level responsibility work
that is entrusted to them and challenges them to master their given
profession. Our housekeepers don't just clean rooms, they control
the reputation of our properties! They are loved and respected! Our
front desk associates are excellent multi-taskers who thrive on the
challenges of a full hotel of adventurous guests. Our Managers on
Duty and Rooms Division Managers enjoy real responsibility and
learn to run their areas efficiently and effectively. Our General
Managers are truly General Managers, not in title only. They make
key strategic decisions and set the tone for our properties. All
manager level and associate level employees are not just expected
to do work, but also shape the culture and best practices of our
fast-growing set of hotels! To enable them, we offer training on
the technical aspects of each job, the company processes and
procedures, and leadership.
- Years of Service Getaway (receive a company paid vacation after a
year of service)
- 401k with 4% company match
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for $12 per week
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
*Our water park properties were ranked #12th & #24th best water
park resorts in the nation!*
The Housekeeper is responsible for the daily cleaning of guest
rooms as assigned. This includes following all company policies and
procedures in accordance with property manuals. This position also
performs various tasks relating to special projects, inventory,
side work, and other duties as assigned.
- Complete daily cleaning of assigned rooms to company standards
maintaining acceptable room inspection scores within designated
- To respond to guest related items or problems promptly and
- Maintain cleanliness standards in all guest rooms.
- Maintain in-room inventory standards.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- To arrange and properly organize housekeeping cart and linen
rooms each day.
- Complete side work and special projects as assigned.
- Properly handle and use all chemicals required for cleaning guest
- Remove garbage from guest rooms and common areas.
- Perform checkout and stayover service in any/all buildings as
- Identify and report all maintenance related problems in guest
- To communicate the status of the room as soon as it is ready for
inspection or guests.
- To be knowledgeable of the area including events and trends.
- To maintain a culture of legendary service and hospitality among
all team members.
- To maintain the highest level of cleanliness and care throughout
property grounds, common areas, back of house areas, and guest
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Entry level
- Housekeeping experience preferred.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: *
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be prompt and willing to work as scheduled.
- Ability to safely work with common cleaning chemicals.
- Stand and walk for the majority of the work day.
- Apply physical dexterity with some bending, stretching, reaching,
grabbing, holding, and carrying.
- Climb 3-5 flights of stairs, sometimes multiple times per
- Lift 40-50 pounds
Work environment will consist of both inside and outside depending
on the needs of the property. Some work will be performed in
linen/laundry environment working with chemicals and various
cleaning equipment. Other work will be performed outside with
exposure to high or low temperatures, sun, and other elements.
Other areas include Maintenance workshop, Housekeeping prep and
chemical areas, and other areas as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Weekend availability
* Are you able to work on Sundays?
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%264934%
Keywords: Smoky Mountain Resorts, Knoxville , Hotel Housekeeper, Other , Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!