Company: Boa Vida Healthcare, LLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*$5,000 Sign On Bonus*
* Job Summary:
The Pharmacist will dispense drugs prescribed by physicians and
other health practitioners and provide information to patients
about medications and their use. He or she may advise physicians
and other health practitioners on the selection, dosage,
interactions, and side effects of medications.
*Hiring Locations: *
* *Jellico, TN*
_Supervisory Responsibilities: _
- Manages pharmacy operations, hiring and supervising staff,
performing administrative duties, and buying or selling
- Teaches pharmacy interns in preparation for their graduation or
- Review's prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the
needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability. Provides
information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects,
dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Assesses the identity, strength, or purity of medications.
Compounds and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors and
dentists by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing
ingredients, or overseeing these activities.
- Maintains records such as pharmacy files, patient profiles,
charge system files, inventories, narcotics, and controlled
- Plans, implements, and maintains procedures for mixing,
packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals according to policy and
legal requirements to ensure quality, security, and proper
- Provides specialized services to help patients manage conditions
such as diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation, and high blood
pressure. Offers health promotion and prevention activities by, for
example, training people to use devices such as blood pressure and
diabetes monitors. Advises customers on the selection of medication
brands, medical equipment, and health care supplies.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals to plan,
monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of
drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and
characteristics. Analyzes prescribing trends to monitor patient
compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful
- Orders and purchases pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies,
and drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it
- Strong patient service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of chemistry and specific drug
- Strong knowledge of medical and biological terminology.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to balance competing
Education and Experience:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree.
- Must be licensed.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Prolonged periods of standing and bending.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55.00 - $70.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Jellico, TN 37762: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Licensed Pharmacist Tennessee (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote%58047475%
Keywords: Boa Vida Healthcare, LLC, Knoxville , Pharmacist, Other , Jellico, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!