Rock Climbing Lead
Company: House of Sport
Posted on: January 26, 2023
DescriptionDICK’S Sporting Goods is building something new. A
destination devoted to sports. A place where the community will
gather and be inspired. To create this new experience, we’re
building a team that will dream big, obsess over the athlete (our
customer), inspire teammates and challenge every ‘normal’ thing
about retail. This is an exciting role for our new store experience
– we’re seeking a Rock-Climbing Lead. This opportunity goes beyond
anything retail has ever seen. Think about a role where you are
creating the most innovative, customer obsessed experience – ever –
in retail, and frankly in any customer focused industry. We want
someone who is passionate about the outdoors – climbing, hiking and
biking. As a Rock-Climbing Lead, you will bring your passion for
climbing, coaching and encouraging others to life at our new
in-store rock climbing experience. You’ll have the opportunity to
engage athletes with a fun and interactive experience. You’ll
partner with our in-store Community Integration Director to
develop, plan and lead rock climbing experiences and activations.
Apply Now to be Considered for any of the Following Full-time Lead
Positions, starting at $16.30/hour. Rock Climbing Lead Duties:
- Responsible for driving the highest level of customer service
at our in-store rock wall (and other areas as needed), ensuring our
teammates are driving the DICK’S common purpose and delivering
hassle-free, engaging, athlete-first service.
- Schedule and host in-store rock-climbing events
- Bring to life the power of opinion. Making sure our experience
includes product experts who provide consultative advice to our
athletes, demonstrating excellent product knowledge.
- Hold teammates accountable for effectively executing selling
behaviors related to our selling model.
- Provide outstanding teammate training and coaching to deliver
on the store vision and experience. This could include one-on-one
teammate conversations, facilitating group training sessions and
conducting role play exercises.
- Uphold DICK’S Sporting Goods’ standards for merchandise
presentation, showcasing the best apparel and equipment brands in
- Promote company programs including warranty sales, Scorecard
(loyalty program), private-label credit cards, and other seasonal
- Adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced,
- Adhere to all loss prevention standards and audit
- As business needs arise, support the store leadership team in
any way to deliver on our Common Purpose All Teammates are required
to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as
business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary.
- 1 – 2 years of previous customer service or retail experience
- Indoor and/or outdoor rock-climbing experience preferred.
- Creates a culture that encourages a diverse and inclusive
- Clear, constant and confident communication amongst teammates,
athletes and management.
- Continued commitment to DICK’S Sporting Goods standards and
ensuring accountability amongst teammates.
- Flexible availability – nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to deliver the best Athlete experience to our
- Enthusiasm and passion to interact and assist others with all
their sporting goods needs.
- Strong work ethic, time management skills and the ability to
prioritize in a fast-paced environment. DICK'S Sporting Goods is an
Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and
Keywords: House of Sport, Knoxville , Rock Climbing Lead, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!