SQL Database Administrator
Company: Kelly Science, Engineering, Technology & Telecom
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Kelly IT is hiring a SQL DBA to work at least two days onsite in
Loudon, TN. This is a full-time direct hire opportunity. Job
Description: Database Administrator and Analyst
- We are looking for a self-motivated and passionate DBA/data
analyst to join the Information Technology team to design and
support our critical database infrastructure as well as to help
guide us in the organization and development of business
intelligence structures for the analysis of data. This role will
work closely with the IT Team as well as with business functional
teams in the implementation of a new ERP system including a new
business intelligence tool. Additionally, this role will help to
design a data warehouse and then migrate historical source systems
to that warehouse where they can be used for reporting.
- The ideal candidate has understanding of enterprise-scale DB
deployments in real-time environments, as well as performance
tuning, schema design, capacity planning, and monitoring.
- Responsibilities will include:
- Implement and administer Microsoft SQL Server databases within
a multi-tiered environment.
- Managing database security
- Implementation of standard maintenance tasks
- Managing SQL Server configurations
- Database implementation and design strategies using best
- Patches & upgrades
- Perform capacity planning, cluster set up, performance tuning
- Troubleshoot data and database issues and suggest
- Analyze processing issues and data anomalies and identifying
- Build and Monitor HA and DR systems using Failover Clustered
instances, Always-On Availability Groups, Log Shipping, Mirroring
and Replication across different data centers.
- Develop, maintain, and teach database standards and best
- Work with data owners to verify and obtain approval that any
transformed data retains its accuracy
- Resolve as required exceptions reported to data conversion
- Adapts business requirements, developed by business systems
analysts/development staff and develops data, database
specifications and table and element attributes for an
- Models databases and develops tables, stored procedures, views,
triggers, and other database objects.
- Works closely with developers to integrate databases with other
- Lead/Own ETL process to/from any systems
- Assist in the creation of data analysis sets for the business
to report on
- Assist in the creation of multidimensional analytical data for
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 7 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
- 2 Years working with cluster mode (Required)
- 2 Years SQL performance tuning (Required)
- 2 Years DB Design (Preferred)
- 2 Years SQL Server 2016 (Required)
- 1 Year Capacity Planning (Required)
- 1 Year Disaster Recovery (Required)
- Experience working in a Sarbanes-Oxley regulated company
- Experience with SQL 2016 Always-On, Availability Groups, and
- Experience with Data migration with different servers
- Knowledge of Index and Non-cluster Index
- Must have strong background in backend scripting.
- Must have solid problem determination skills supporting
Microsoft SQL problems.
- Experience managing large databases in a real-time production
- Experience resolving database integrity issues, performance
issues, blocking/deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, and data
- Experience building dashboards and reports in various
- Experience with PowerShell
- Expertise in ETL tools, Data conversion, Data De-duplication,
Data Cleansing methodologies
- ETL and data warehousing experience
- Microsoft SQL Certification is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
environment. Education: BA/BS or commiserate work experience Apply
today to be considered for this opportunity and others that Kelly
has to offer!
Keywords: Kelly Science, Engineering, Technology & Telecom, Knoxville , SQL Database Administrator, Other , Loudon, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...