Rock Hammer Operator Quarry
Company: CRH Plc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job ID: 476240
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, a CRH company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Crew member essential to the quarry crew. This position consists of hammering rock with an excavator with a Hammer Attachment to break rock to an appropriate size for rock to be sent to the Jaw where it is crushed. Member will assist in other jobs pertaining to keeping the plant running at normal efficiency levels.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
* Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
* Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
* Attendance required according to Company Attendance Policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
* Assist plant crew with various duties such as shoveling, loading equipment and general maintenance and upkeep of plant.
* Employee will be driven from the office to the excavator location in the quarry.
* Pre-shift inspection of the equipment will be done daily
* Perform post-trip inspection of the equipment. If there are issues, a supervisor should be notified.
* Ability to climb in and out of the track hoe throughout the shift as required (approximately 4 feet)
* Safe operation of the track hoe with hammer attachment to hammer rock for the jaw
* Ability to move the track hoe in the quarry as needed
* May be required to use power and/or hand tools such as shovel, rake, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer/drill, tamps (both manual and power driven), sledgehammer and other tools associated with laborer duties.
* Dig, spread and level construction materials.
* Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
* Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks at plant.
* Physical ability to operate equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
* Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* High school education of GED preferred but not required.
* Experience running a loader preferred but not required.
* Basic electrical/mechanical skills preferred but not required
* Previous experience in construction field is preferred
* Ability to communicate effectively to insure all plant personnel understand what is expected and what needs are lacking.
* Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes.
* This position will work independently and isolated dependent on the schedule.
* Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required.
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Ability to adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company.
* Requires riding to and from plants. If operating company vehicle, employee must meet Driver Qualification Standard.
* Ability to use power and/or hand tools needed to complete jobs within specifications.
* Ability to practice safety standards per Company Safety Policy requirements.
* Ability to operate or initiative to learn to operate equipment and learn additional skills required at an asphalt plant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Physical ability to perform maintenance on plant under extreme temperatures and for extended hours of time.
* Must be able to climb stairs/ladders to top of plant/silo.
* Uses tools such as sledgehammer, wrenches, screwdrivers, cutting torch, welder, pneumatic hammer/drill, sand blaster, pipe wrench.
* Job requires the following motions: climbing, stooping stretching, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, walking, standing, reaching and squatting
* Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. while using proper lifting techniques.
* Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
What CRH Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Harrison Construction Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Feb 2, 2023
Job ID: 476240
Keywords: CRH Plc., Knoxville , Rock Hammer Operator Quarry, Other , Hayesville, Tennessee
here to apply!