Pediatric Speech Pathologist
Company: Blount Memorial Hospital
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Blount Memorial Hospital is more than just a hospital. It is a
not-for-profit organization that includes a 304-bed acute care
hospital on its main campus, but also features a growing physicians
group with specialty clinics, inpatient and outpatient diagnostic
services, fitness facilities and a senior living facility campus.
With a strong emphasis on community, Blount Memorial's mission is
to improve the health and well-being of the entire
PEDIATRIC SPEECH PATHOLOGIST JOB SUMMARY
A Pediatric Speech Pathologist evaluates, plans, implements, and
directs individualized speech therapy programs. Documents status
and progress of patients. Provides patient, staff, and family
education. Participates on multidisciplinary teams to correlate
comprehensive patient care processes. Provides speech therapy care
for infants, pediatrics and adolescents based on knowledge of basic
growth and development. Interacts with patients and staff in a
professional manner; evaluates and treats patients with various
neurological and muscular dysfunctions.
PEDIATRIC SPEECH PATHOLOGIST JOB SPECIFICATIONS
Education and/or experience:
- Current Speech Language Pathologist license in State of
Tennessee by the Division of Health Related Boards
- Certificate of Clinical Competence by ASHA required.
- Membership in American Speech and Hearing Association
- CPR required
- Human anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, indications and
contraindications for interventions
- English language
- human behavior and performance
- principles, methods and procedures for diagnosis, treatment and
rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions.
- Ability to detect differences between sounds that vary in pitch
- Active listening to what others are saying.
- Effective speaking to others to convey information.
- Logic and reasoning to identify most effective solutions and
for appropriate clinical decision making.
- Written communication which effectively and thoroughly conveys
treatments and plans to others.
- Identify and understand speech of another person, and speak
clearly to others so they can understand.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce solutions
Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with matching
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Keywords: Blount Memorial Hospital, Knoxville , Pediatric Speech Pathologist, Other , Maryville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!