Company: Patterson Companies
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Patterson isn't just a place to work, it's a partner that cares
about your success.
One of the distinguishing marks of our company is the talented
people who embrace the people-first, always advancing, and
results-driven culture. Professional growth abounds in this
motivating environment. We value the diverse talents and
experiences our employees bring to Patterson and believe that they
build a stronger and successful organization.
Job SummaryProvides onsite repair, installation and maintenance on
a variety of dental products. Acts as a lead or main technical
field contact for other departments needing assistance. Serves as a
technical contact for assistance with the training and ongoing
technical support for other technicians, sales staff and
administrative staff. Follows manufacturer guidelines relative to
the repair of devices.
- Inventory Management: -Determines parts, supplies or tools
needed to complete service requests. Uses, maintains and secures
test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate and repair
equipment. Manages vehicle inventory and restocks as necessary.
Returns defective modules, assemblies or parts to the local office
and labels items.
- Vehicle Maintenance: -Ensures proper vehicle maintenance
guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Install and/or Repair Dental Equipment: - -Repairs equipment to
meet manufacturer's specifications. Performs standard system
installations and tests the functionality of all components.
Determines replacement components necessary for onsite service
repairs. Follows specific manufacturer, federal/state, BHR
guidelines for repairs. Complies with all company, OSHA or other
agencies' policies related to asepsis. Completes all required
service forms (work order entry, inventory, BRH forms, expense
reports and/or purchase card statements, time sheet and
equipment-related items). Independently makes assigned customer
calls, diagnosing problems to a module or specific component level.
- - - -
- Customer Relations: - -Provides technical support after initial
installation of equipment, PC software and hardware. Ensures that
service commitments are met within standard response times.
Independently conducts site surveys at dental practices to
determine the needs of the practice. Trains the office staff on
proper operation and basic maintenance of the systems
- Supervision: Needs to be the liaison between the equipment
department and service department on installations. Assigns daily
duties to team while keeping with the jobs timeline and reports any
issues back to the inside team. Assists in training and mentoring
other members of the team.
Job QualificationsRequired Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification or
- Experience with peripherals such as printers, backups, scanners
- Carpentry/plumbing/heating/electricity/electronics related
- Computer skills in Windows-based programs
- Ability to travel in vehicle for several hours in a day with
occasional overnight stays
- Associate degree in a computer-related field or equivalent
- Technical training in Bio-Med/electronics or related technical
- Experience in computer repair
- Experience in category five cabling
- Experience in TCP/IP networking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Working ConditionsEnvironmental Factors
- This position requires traveling to customer locations and
providing services and support to customers.We provide competitive
benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
EEO StatementAs a people-first company, Patterson promotes a
culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We
believe our employees' unique experiences and differences is what
strengthens us and drives our success. We consider all qualified
applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Keywords: Patterson Companies, Knoxville , Service Technician, Professions , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!