Company: GVA Property Management
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANFUEL YOUR
SUCCESS! If you have dynamic customer service skills, build and
sell value, make a positive impact on people, and are looking to
make a difference, apply with GVA Property Management today!
Employees are offered development opportunities to help advance
their careers and strengthen the pipeline of our future leaders.The
Maintenance Technician is to assist the Service Manager in
maintaining the physical integrity of the community. This involves
insuring a clean and well maintained living environment for
residents, visitors and staff. The Maintenance Technician will
carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as
requested by the Service Manager. In the absence of the Service
Manager, the Maintenance Technician will assume all maintenance
responsibilities. The Maintenance Technician will contact a person
of authority should any situation warrant an action or decision not
included in his or her duties and responsibilitiesDUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIESConduct all business in accordance with company
policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA
and Fair Housing, etc.PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE/SAFETY
- Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws, EPA and OSHA
regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous
materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and
- Constantly be aware of the conditions of the physical property
throughout the community and immediately initiates actions to
correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool,
broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Schedules and performs minor routine maintenance on all
appropriate equipment on a regular basis as directed by Service
Manager. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent
- Routinely performs the following duties in order to restore the
apartment to "make ready" status:
- Lends assistance during trash out of the apartment.
- Checks all lights and replaces when necessary.
- Replaces or repairs windows, screens, and hinges, sliding glass
doors, shelves, mirrors and interior and exterior doors and
- Checks appliances and informs Service Manager of problems.
- Assists in changing or removing appliances from apartment.
- Makes keys when necessary and changes locks at time of move
- Checks all plumbing fixtures and repairs/replaces when
necessary. Replaces washers when needed.
- Assists with painting duties when necessary, transfers paint
from storage areas to apartments.
- Repairs or replaces mini blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
- Repairs holes in walls, paints as necessary.
- Changes a/c filters and informs Service Manager of any problems
- Diagnoses and performs on a daily basis minor routine
maintenance/repair involving the following:Electrical and Plumbing
Gas fixtures (where applicable)A/C and heating systems Shutters,
doors, cabinets, windows, siding, glass doorsAppliances Boiler, gas
and electricWater irrigation systems Door locks, mailboxes and
locksStairs, gates, fences, patios, railings Controlled access
systemsTile, carpet and flooring Ceiling leaksRoofing, gutters and
fasteners WallsInterior/exterior lights Pool areas, tile, spa, pool
- Completes work orders within 24 hours when possible.
- Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make ready repairs and
services. Assists make ready staff as required to meet
- Reports all major repairs and requisitions to Service
- Changes locks and make ready keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from
storage area to/or from apartment as circumstances warrant. Assists
in moving abandoned furniture, appliance, etc., to dumpster when
- Be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and
maintenance materials; weekly inform the Service Manager of
- Be aware of all utility meter shut - offs, apartment and
fixture cut-offs, sewer clean outs.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Ensures that storage areas are locked when not in use.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes,
sweeps shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the Service Manager,
Community Manager or Property Supervisor.QUALIFICATIONSPosition
requires at least 2 years' experience in property management or
equivalent field. Must possess HVAC certification.Work Hours40
hours per week. Weekends and holidays as circumstances warrant;
on-call on a rotating basis and for emergencies. Overtime must be
approved by your supervisor prior to working over 40 hours unless
to respond to an emergency.At GVA we are driven to provide a
company culture that promotes teamwork, growth and work/life
balance. We are committed to creating a fun and productive place to
work - as a company that celebrates diversity, promotes innovative
thinking, offers development and career advancement opportunities.
We are a rapidly growing company that owns and manages our assets.
Due to the fact, there are not many corporate layers, planning and
execution occur quickly, feedback and involvement in the
decision-process are encouraged and team involvement is appreciated
simply put, at GVA you have a voice. We offer competitive
compensation and benefits packages. Reach out to us today and see
how a career at GVA is the right fit for you. EOE
Keywords: GVA Property Management, Knoxville , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!