Location: Oak Ridge
Posted on: June 24, 2022
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST The Procurement Specialist has the
primary responsibility of ensuring material availability to support
customer demand and the production schedule. Key to this role is
the coordination of request for quotations for strategic
projects/products with supply partners. Other responsibilities
including coordinating material status by product and supplier to
ensure delivery targets are met. This may also include managing
inventory levels, supporting material/product level revisions,
interacting/coordinating with suppliers on a variety of topics,
leading departmental projects and supporting other business
functions as required. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, select and purchase quality products and
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for
the best pricing.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make
insightful buying decisions.
- Assesses financial risks of purchases.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of
production material as required by forecast and the production
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time
delivery of all materials, including timely resolution,
communication, and mitigation of future potential problems
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on
forecast, demand variation and material lead times.
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on
- Coordinate with Shipping & Receiving, Quality, Engineering and
Material Management departments as needed.
- Calculate and monitor supplier KPI performance for the
maintenance and communication of supplier scorecard rankings.
- Identify potential new suppliers and manage qualification and
onboarding processes in conjunction with quality and engineering
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes,
obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or
materials due to new product development.
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of
customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and
alternative supply options
- Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Departmental
policies and procedures
- Spearhead and manage departmental projects and initiatives. Job
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics & Transportation, Supply Chain
Management, Business, Economics, or related field preferred.
- 3 -5 years of Relevant experience required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
- SAP and Salesforce experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Ability to accommodate prolonged periods of sitting at a desk
and working on a computer.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times,
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel. - - -
Keywords: hireneXus, Knoxville , Procurement Specialist, Professions , Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!