Recon Component Prep
Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Description: Prepare components for inspection by
disassembling bearings using a hydraulic press and hand tools.
Perform washing and shot blasting processes including the sorting,
loading, and unloading of components as well as equipment
operation. Maintain equipment and work stations through daily
housekeeping and preventative maintenance activities. Overall
Purpose: Disassemble bearings, and perform washing and shot blast
operations to prepare components for inspection in a safe manner,
complaint with all requirements, while achieving delivery and
productivity performance expectations. Essential Functions:
- Disassemble roller bearings using hydraulic press and hand
- Manually sort components and load wash racks.
- Operate washer and maintain proper wash water chemistry.
- Manually unload wash racks and mark parts for identification
- Manually load and unload components for shot blaster.
- Operate shot blaster and maintain appropriate settings to
effectively remove containments.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to prevent equipment
downtime including pumping and cleaning washers, replacing washer
and blast nozzles, clearing catch basins and collection bins,
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean
manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to
maintain continuity between shifts and decrease downtime.
- Act as a role model, coach and trainer for new associates to
foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects and other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Frequency:
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive or short-cycle work
- Frequent lifting, walking, reaching, pushing and handling
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Limited climbing on step stools or platforms.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Vision must be normal (20/20). Correctional lenses are
acceptable. Qualifications/Training: Candidates must demonstrate
proficiency in math and reading, good written and verbal
communication skills, and strong problem solving skills. Candidates
shall successfully complete training program and applicable
qualification requirements. New hires shall demonstrate
satisfactory performance during new hire probationary period.
Certification required to progress through position levels. Job
rotation is required to maintain higher position levels.
Environmental Conditions: Loud manufacturing environment, exposure
to metals, machine lubricants, rust preventative and other process
chemicals, seasonal cold/heat. Protective Clothing and Personal
Devices: Safety glasses, safety gloves, safety shoes, hearing
protection.All qualified applicants shall be treated equally
according to their individual qualifications, abilities,
experiences and other employment standards. There will be no
discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Knoxville , Recon Component Prep, Professions , Mascot, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!