Company: Timken Co. (The)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
Job Title: Material Handler
Description: The material handler plays a vital role in plant and
warehouse inventory accuracy by performing accurate inventory
transactions for all materials that are transported using desktop
PCs and handheld scanners. The material handler supports production
and distribution of product by loading and unloading production
materials, pulling orders from inventory; delivering production
materials and supplies; staging finished product.
Overall Purpose: Ensures that production remains fluid through the
replenishment of necessary materials required to complete customer
* Safety: Material handlers are expected observe all Safety
Policies and operate in a safe manner at all times.
* Quality: Maintain inventory accuracy by properly identifying,
labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock in the
correct location; recording location of inventory.
* Locate materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials
and supplies listed on pick lists.
* Maintain in-process inventory at production lines by delivering
and opening materials and supplies.
* Document materials and supplies disposition by recording units
delivered and location of units.
* Prepare finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling,
packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
* Maintain material-handling equipment by completing pre-use
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
* Assist in other areas where needed.
Physical Demands & Frequency: Requires frequent lifting, reaching,
handling, and transitioning on and off the lift truck.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
* Must be fork truck certified.
* Must be able to operate standard forklift, stand up forklift, and
hand operated lifts.
* Must be able to work weekends and overtime (if required).
General Educational Development: Must have a high school diploma or
GED equivalent. Must be able to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables; interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule
form. Must be computer literate, as this position will involve the
use of a PC to print labels, and locate inventory in the warehouse
using SAP. Good math skills will be essential to the success of
this position, as the position requires the ability to accurately
Qualifications/Training: Candidate shall successfully complete
training program and as applicable, qualification requirements, as
defined by the responsible functional manager. Basic computer
experience is a plus. New hires shall demonstrate satisfactory
performance during new hire probationary period.
Training: No experience necessary, but is preferred. On the job
Aptitudes: High attention to details and strong organizational
Temperaments: Must be able to perform a variety of duties; often
changing from one task to another without the loss of efficiency.
Requires the precise attainment of standards; in order to make
evaluations or decisions that are based upon sensory or judgmental
Environmental Conditions: Frequent impact noise, seasonal changes
Protective Clothing and Personal Devices: Safety glasses, safety
shoes, and gloves.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join one of the World's Most Ethical Companies - - an honor we've
received ten times.
The Timken Company designs a growing portfolio of engineered
bearings and power transmission products that improve the
reliability and efficiency of global machinery and equipment to
move the world forward. Timken posted $3.8 billion in sales in 2019
and employs more than 17,000 people globally, operating from 42
Why Choose Timken?
* Over a century of knowledge and innovation
* A culture of top performance
* A global, diverse environment
* Products that contribute to a sustainable world
* A conviction to improve communities around us
* Competitive salary and benefits
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we'll keep you informed
about upcoming events and opportunities that match your
Keywords: Timken Co. (The), Knoxville , Material Handler, Professions , Mascot, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!