Retail Construction Manager
Company: Clayton Homes
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Retail Construction ManagerConstruction Manager Job
DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION: This position will be responsible for
managing the development process from raw land into finished
subdivision lots. He/she will collaborate with officials from local
municipalities, utility companies, professional consultants, and
land development contractors as well as communicate with internal
personnel. The main emphasis is the field management of land
development activities and the assurance that schedules are
maintained, quality control is adhered to, and that projects are
completed within prescribed budgets.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review permitting ordinances and zoning requirements per
municipalities or other jurisdictional agencies.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of budgets, proformas,
and development schedules.
- Coordinate and communicate with civil engineer and other
- Assist in the review, creation, and management of construction
- Review and understand civil engineering drawings and
- Assist in the preparation of bid packages and solicitation of
bids for infrastructure and amenity construction. Qualify and
select general contractors. Maintain contractor files (copies of
permits, contracts, bonds, COI's, pay requests, and change
- Coordinate RFI's, submittals, plan revisions, etc. between
contractor and professional consultants and jurisdictional
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal agencies for
approvals, permitting, bonds, compliance, insurance, and close-out
- Coordinate the workflow and activities of project specific land
development field construction operations for subdivision
entrances, lots, amenities, and infrastructure to include roads,
drainage, utilities, and landscaping.
- Ensures project schedule and critical path sequence is accurate
and up to date, including Identifying and reporting delays.
- Track and communicate key projected milestones to relevant
- Manage SWPPP activities and compliances. Manage dust and
erosion control program.
- Provide site inspections to identify project status, progress,
and risk management.
- Assist in approving and processing contractor invoices and code
per budget items.
- Get project infrastructure bonds and/or letters of credit
reduced or terminated in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and execute completion of project punch lists.
- Coordinate project close-outs including certification and
recording of plats, receipt and filing of warranties, lien waivers,
and certificates of completion.
- Represent as owner/developer on HOA Board for all owned
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with preference in engineering
and/or construction management or equivalent experience.
- Land development experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with contractors,
consultants, inspectors, agency reps, and peers.
- Experience with construction contracts preferred.
- Ability to travel to subdivision locations. Why Clayton?
- A Berkshire Hathaway Company - an integrity-based organization
offering unlimited career growth
- Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their own
health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides
competitive 401K programs including investment options and company
matching for full and part time employees after one year to help
our team members achieve their financial goals. Additional benefits
include paid parental leave, Employee Assistance Programs, paid
time off, paid holidays and more
- As part of Clayton's commitment to Opening Doors to a Better
Life, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to
volunteer to causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton
- Clayton is proud to have earned spots on the following Forbes
lists: America's Best Employers, America's Best Employers by State,
Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women
- At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with physical,
nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational
- Home Centers are closed on Sundays - we believe in offering a
balanced working environment Clayton is committed to a diverse and
inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran
status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.You will
find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our
Keywords: Clayton Homes, Knoxville , Retail Construction Manager, Professions , Maryville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!