Commercial SVC Tire Technician
Company: Snider Fleet Solutions
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DescriptionPeople who want to do a great job want to work
for a company that values that dedication.We do.Snider Fleet
Solutions is one of the largest commercial tire dealers and retread
service providers in the nation. We are recognized as an industry
leader for providing innovative outsourcing alternatives to both
single truck customers and large multi-location trucking fleets. In
addition to in-shop services, we also offer 24/7 emergency roadside
assistance. You'll be working with people who put everything
they've got into their jobs. Because they love what they do and
they love being on a winning team. We go the extra mile in
everything we do.We Offer:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – personal, holiday, sick and vacation
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401(k) retirement planning
- Profit sharing
- Employer-Paid Life
- Employer-Paid Short Term Disability
- And MoreWe are currently seeking a team member who believes in
the "extra mile" philosophy to fulfill our Commercial SVC Tire
Technician role.As a Commercial SVC Tire Technician, you will work
offsite in a mobile truck in order to service Snider customers with
tire and wheel related needs. These needs include, but are not
limited to replacing, inspecting, and/or repairing tires to ensure
they are road ready and DOT compliant. Additionally, Commercial
Tire Technicians will assist with any branch/warehouse tasks when
they are not performing service calls. All Snider Commercial Tire
Technicians have six months to become TIA certified. What You'll Do
on a Typical Day:
- Responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance, and equipment
inventory levels on service truck, as well as, on person.
- Mount and dismount various sized commercial tires, utilizing
the mount/dismount machine, T45A Tire Iron/Spoon Bar, and or the
- Perform commercial tire service work at site of customers need,
this includes, but not limited to the side of Interstate, middle of
city, customers fleet, Snider facility, etc.
- Perform different tire repairs with plugs and plug/patch
- Perform write off procedures of customers "off" tires. (DOT,
Name, Date, etc.)
- Monitor air gauge against the master gauge daily.
- Effectively coordinate with Service Manager on "job status" and
completion of it.
- Ensure air impact wrench and jack are properly lube and
- Work "on-call" afterhours/weekend service calls based on
- Conduct daily pre and post vehicle inspections.
- Proper use of company cell phone according to company
- Must follow all MCSN procedures, as well as, all TIA
- May be responsible for large/comprehensive fleet service work,
inspections, and off site inventory reporting.
- May conduct small OTR, Industrial, Agriculture, and Forestry
- Legibly complete hand tickets that identify work performed and
products used, as well as, ensure to have customers signature on
all required paperwork.
- Serving every customer by following the processes and
procedures identified in the "Extra Mile" Program.
- Follow all safety rules, wear proper PPE and demonstrate safety
- Demonstrate excellent attendance, show up to work on time and
in the correct uniform.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and safety best practices
according to TIA standards.This position will be based in a
commercial/industrial tire and or mechanical truck service center,
at one of our Snider Branches. The majority of the work will be in
a company service truck, exposed to natural climate and weather of
the region. When you are not on a service call, you will be at a
truck service and/or tire center. The employee is frequently
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, interact with moving
mechanical parts/equipment on a daily basis, and the noise level at
the service center is usually moderate to high. Our Ideal
Candidate:Education or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Previous experience in similar role or industry is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Class C Driver's License or state(s) equivalent and must
be insurable to drive by company standards.
- DOT Medical Certification.
- Commercial TIA certification required after six months of
- Forklift certification, obtained after employment. Skills and
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
- Safety conscious at all times.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced
- Coachable, hardworking, and possess general mechanical
- Must have strong time management skills, as well as, close
attention to detail.
- Reliable and dependable with self-initiative.
- Ability to complete all tasks assigned, properly, with little
to no follow-up.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and time
- Ability to learn and operate provided service equipment and
- Ability to work a rotating, on call schedule to include nights
and weekend shifts.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and communication
- Basic computer and or smart phone skills.You bring the drive.
We'll provide the training. Apply today to join our winning
Keywords: Snider Fleet Solutions, Knoxville , Commercial SVC Tire Technician, Professions , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!