Nuclear Safety Analyst
Company: American Bureau of Shipping
Posted on: January 27, 2023
At ABS Group, risk analysis is our foundation. ABS Group is a
global professional services company with 100+ offices in 30+
countries. Our Global Government division, headquartered in
Arlington, VA, deploys cutting-edge technical expertise for federal
agencies such as the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of
Energy (DoE), and Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
ABS Group is seeking a Nuclear Safety Analyst, to support the DoE's
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) in Oak Ridge,
The Nuclear Safety Analyst is responsible for reviewing processes,
systems, and activities in nuclear/non-nuclear facilities,
performing appropriate hazard and accident analysis, and ensuring
the associated safety equipment is designed to protect the health
and safety of the public and co-located workers.
- Perform hazard identification, hazard screening, hazard
analysis and accident analysis of nuclear facilities and
- Develop and document the safety function, functional
performance requirements and performance criteria for engineered
and administrative controls for reducing the frequency and/or
consequences of accidents.
- Develop and support the development of related documents such
as safety evaluations, safety design strategies, unreviewed safety
question determinations and specialized technical reports and
- Meet with internal and external customers and their
representatives as needed.
- Evaluate the interrelationship of system safety requirements
and other aspects of concept design and developments to ensure the
most cost-effective program.
- Be able to perform radiological and toxicological consequence
- Be able to prepare safety basis documents, including Conceptual
Safety Design Reports, Preliminary Safety Design Reports,
Preliminary Documented Safety Analyses, Documented Safety Analyses
and Technical Safety Requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 10 years experience in nuclear safety analysis
- 10 years of DOE-specific experience is required
- Experience in performing radiological and toxicological
consequence analysis and familiarity with the application and use
of DOE toolbox codes for atmospheric dispersion analysis a plus but
- Must be able to obtain a Q clearance
- Candidates should have strong written, verbal communication and
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
Company: ABS Group
Keywords: American Bureau of Shipping, Knoxville , Nuclear Safety Analyst, Professions , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!