Company: Newell Brands
Posted on: January 27, 2023
TITLE: Maintenance TechnicianREPORTS TO: Maintenance
ManagerSUPERVISES: NoneJOB CLASS : HourlyAre you interested in
joining a dynamic workforce for a fortune 500 company? Look no
further than Newell Brands in Maryville, TN where we are home of
the Sharpie! Were always looking for unique and diverse talent to
fill our various roles. Review the job description below and apply
today!GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY:This position performs daily checks,
maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots and repairs all plant production
and facilities equipment. Maintain plant equipment PM program.
Enters, tracks and performs analysis of machine data for execution
of corrective actions for improvement.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated troubleshooting, PM and repair expertise of plant
production equipment including high-speed assembly, printing,
packaging equipment and auxiliary equipment. Injection molding a
- Troubleshoot hydraulic components such as servo valves,
accumulators, pilot-operated directional valves, hydraulic
- Use schematics, testing equipment to systematically diagnose
complex hydraulic, pneumatic problems.
- Familiar with troubleshooting / repair of PLC, I/O logic, AC/DC
- Assist maintenance leadership to ensure that PMs / CMs / TPMs
are executed efficiently, effectively and on schedule by auditing
and optimizing process.
- Assist maintenance planning in prioritizing planned maintenance
- Help to develop SOPs / checklists for PMs, CMs, TPMs for best
practices of maintaining plant production and facilities
- Enters all machine information into CMMS work order system.
Tracks and analyzes machines histories, trends and make
improvements based on data.
- Respond to trouble calls.
- Act as first responder in facility emergencies.JOB KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be familiar with troubleshooting and repair of mechanical,
hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronic systems of injection
molding, extrusion and high speed assembly equipment.
- Must be able to read basic mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and
electrical schematics, prints and service manuals to troubleshoot
and repair equipment.
- Excellent people and communication skills, both written and
verbal. Must possess professional demeanor when communicating by
e-mail, radio, telephone, meetings and in person.
- Must freely share knowledge & skills with other personnel.
- Willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under
- Must exhibit excellent attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- Drive for Results
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Decision MakingMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to read, understand and follow written and verbal
- Visual aptitude must be able to see with or without
- Communication ability to communicate verbally or
- Must be able to lift minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform a standing job for 12 consecutive
- Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, reach and
grasp for varying periods of time during a consecutive 12 hour
- Experience of repair/troubleshooting of auxiliary equipment
such as conveyors, wrappers, heat tunnels, thermolators, chillers,
grinders, etc. a plus2 year tech degree or 2 years maintenance
experience in mechanical, pneumatics and electrical in an
industrial plant facility (in lieu of education)Newell Brands
(NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a
strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, Paper
Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster,
Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products,
Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Contigo, First Alert, Mapa,
Spontex and Yankee Candle. Newell Brands is building beloved #1 and
#2 brands that brighten homes and lives every day and create
moments of joy, build confidence and provide peace of mind. Newell
Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and
comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are
encouraged to apply.Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and
applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship,
immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered
veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving
responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
Keywords: Newell Brands, Knoxville , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Maryville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!