Superintendent - General Construction
Company: Broadway Electric Service Corporation
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Superintendent General Construction - Careers At BESCO Back To
Openings Superintendent - General Construction Department: 10020 -
Specialty Construction Location: Knoxville, TN
START YOUR APPLICATION PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Oversee all site activities; reports and works directly with
- Effectively communicate expectations and direction regarding
schedules, construction methods, policies, and standards.
- Assist in planning and executing field activities and provide
technical assistance as required.
- Supervise all field operations ensuring that the work is being
done in accordance with the project strategy and construction
documents, and that Subcontractor performance and quality of work
meet expected standards for customer satisfaction.
- Perform thorough walkthroughs; monitor construction progress
and quality control, and ensure compliance to both BESCO and OSHA
- Provide Daily Reports and follow up immediately with
Subcontractors and Suppliers to ensure issues are being
- Facilitate subcontractor meetings to provide a forum for
discussion of concerns and distribution of information.
- Lead through example in all areas of safety and compliance;
comprehend and administer BESCO safety program that provides for a
safe work environment and foster a culture that expects
participation at all levels.
- Participate in preparation of Request for Information (RFI) &
pricing of potential change orders. QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- Minimum of 5 years project supervision experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan,
prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and
- Knowledge of scheduling, cost control and safety
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Organized, detailed-oriented and efficient
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to manage/train
assigned staff and lead multiple teams at once
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification
- Regional travel may be required PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Stand, walk and possess endurance and ability to visit and
oversee entire job site, including stairs or other elevated
- Ability work in excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per
- Climb ladders and steps and be able to stand, balance, sit,
stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl for extended periods of time
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
- Employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
START YOUR APPLICATION Applicant Tracking System Powered by -
Keywords: Broadway Electric Service Corporation, Knoxville , Superintendent - General Construction, Professions , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!