New Bearing Assembly Technician
Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion. Job Title: New Bearing Assembly Technician Description:
Setup and operate assembly equipment and manually install
components to produce bearings. Apply labeling and package product
in accordance with customer requirements. Verify product
conformance through visual and dimensional inspection using
measurement instruments such as dial indicators, go/no-go gauges
and poka-yoke devices. Maintain equipment and work stations through
daily preventative maintenance activities. Overall Purpose:
Assemble new bearings in a safe manner, complaint with all
requirements, while achieving delivery and productivity performance
expectations. Essential Functions:
- Perform assembly processes including component installation and
the setup and operation of assembly equipment.
- Apply labeling and package product in accordance with customer
- Inspect manufactured components for conformance to
specifications using bench gauging as well as built-in equipment
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of
work including machine setup and operation, process verification,
gauge setup, product inspection, documentation, material handling,
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to prevent equipment
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean
manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to
maintain continuity between shifts and decrease machine
- Act as a role model, coach and trainer for new associates to
foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects and other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Frequency:
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive or short-cycle work
- Frequent lifting, reaching, and handling
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Limited climbing on step stools or platforms.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Vision must be normal (20/20).Correctional lenses are
acceptable. Qualifications/Training: Candidates must demonstrate
proficiency in math and reading; good written and verbal
communication skills; and strong problem solving skills. Candidates
shall successfully complete training program and applicable
qualification requirements. New hires shall demonstrate
satisfactory performance during new hire probationary period.
Certification required to progress through various Assembly Tech
levels. Environmental Conditions: Loud machining environment,
exposure metals, lubricants and chemicals, seasonal cold/heat.
Protective Clothing and Personal Devices: Safety glasses, safety
gloves, safety shoes, hearing protection.All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: The Timken Company, Knoxville , New Bearing Assembly Technician, Professions , Mascot, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!