E&I Maintenance, BioPDO
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Established yet entrepreneurial: Primient is an industry leader
with proven products, six manufacturing plants, 1500+ employees and
deep roots in corn wet milling. Yet we're also a brand-new company
that is ready to drive change and create impact.
Inspired by a meaningful purpose: we use renewable sources to
produce plant-based ingredients for some of the world's best-known
brands. It feels good to produce safe, high-quality, sustainable
products - that go into everything from sodas to hand cream and
cardboard to clothing.
Poised for a new era of success: we're investing in our plants and
people to unlock our potential in the industrial and food sectors.
Guided by our values of Safety, Excellence, Integrity and Growth,
we're focused on growing our business, our reputation and the
career of every colleague.
Reporting to an Area Maintenance Coordinator, this position works
closely with other plant maintenance personnel, contractors, and
E&I Technicians at our Loudon plant are responsible for the
safe operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of a highly
automated, state of the art system that produces distinctive, high
quality ingredients and solutions to the food, beverage, and other
- Plan, layout, and perform diversified installation,
maintenance, and repair operations, as assigned to maintain the
physical plant, machinery, equipment, and auxiliaries in proper
- Work from drawings, P&IDs, sketches, diagrams, manuals,
work orders, and oral instructions to install, adjust, repair, and
perform maintenance duties.
- Use measuring and testing instruments.
- Deliver effective turnover to the oncoming team through verbal
and written communication (logbook).
- Maintain, adjust, install or repair (from an electrical need)
physical assets included but not limited to: pumps, pipes, vessels,
motors, conveyors, mills, etc.
- Safely perform all required duties. Includes but not limited
to, performing safety audits, monthly training topics, and daily
- Maintain a clean work environment per established Good
- Required to learn all aspects of Technical Process Operation
via a progressive training program and demonstrate
- Train other technicians.
This position requires the ability to safely perform the following
- Lifting of up to 55 pounds without mechanical assistance.
- Climb a vertical ladder up to 15ft
- Climb several flights of stairs, several times a shift
- Stand for up to 1 hour without sitting
- Bending and twisting motion at the waist and knees
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule with the flexibility
to work alternate schedules as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
potentially exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving
mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally
exposed to a variety of extreme conditions on site. The noise level
in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position
regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside
conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and
exposure to dust. In addition this job also operates in a
professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard
office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets and fax machines.
Skills and experience required
- Minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent. Verifiable
electrical maintenance technical training.
- 3+ years of chemical or industrial manufacturing experience
- Experience working on hydraulic and pneumatic systems and
- Knowledge of pumps, compressors, distillation systems,
reactors, centrifuges, filtration and evaporation systems
- Experience working a rotating shift schedule.
- Able to communicate well verbally and orally.
- Must be well-organized, attentive to detail, and
- Able to demonstrate basic mathematics, reading comprehension,
and problem solving.
Rewards & benefits
Competitive salary with performance linked enhancements / 401 K
matching and non-contingent matching plans / Healthcare / Medical
Our structure provides autonomy and accountability in your role.
You have scope to develop a depth of expertise and the opportunity
to take on new challenges to promote professional growth.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are passionate believers in the power of difference. We strive
to represent the communities in which we operate and to provide an
inclusive, welcoming environment for all. We want Primient to be a
place where every employee feels they belong and knows they are
seen, heard, valued and safe to speak up. Our aspiration is to
unlock the full potential in diverse perspectives, while offering
everyone an equal chance to grow, thrive and progress.
Primient is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the
strength of an inclusive workforce.
Keywords: Primient, Knoxville , E&I Maintenance, BioPDO, Professions , Greenback, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!