Production Operator I
Posted on: November 15, 2023
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:Responsible for performing routine day-to-day
operations on the production floor. Ensures all assigned tasks are
completed in order to meet requirements including machine
operation, packaging, material handling, and shipping packages, as
needed. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under close supervision, acquires job skills and learns company
policies and procedures to complete routine tasks on the production
- Performs packaging and batch making functions for the line.
- Performs production preparation as directed following current
production and QC procedures, guidelines, and SOPs.
- Assists in monitoring all operations.
- Assists in monitoring raw material and packaging component
- Interfaces with PLC and PC applications in order to operate the
- Performs reconciliations regularly.
- Performs breakdown and assembly of production machines.
- Troubleshoots equipment issues and performs minor maintenance
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and follows all
Manufacturing SOPs that apply to this position.
- Performs all paperwork functions related to the batching and
packaging operations. Maintains logs, batch records, and all
applicable documentation in accordance with internal standard
- Participates in all activities required to maintain a clean and
- Performs all production duties on an as needed basis to meet
production requirements and comply with GMPs.
- Loads and unloads raw material and finished product utilizing
forklift and other material handling devices, as needed, in a safe
and efficient manner.
- May perform Material Handler duties and responsibilities, as
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring
limited judgment. -
- Contacts are primarily within the immediate work unit.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- May refer to senior staff for assistance with day-to-day
problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and
federal laws and regulations.
- Remains current in knowledge and understanding of process
changes and updates for work areas.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct
- Other duties as assigned.Additional responsibilities may
include focus on one or more departments or locations. - See
applicable addendum for department or location specific
functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift materials of up to 75 lbs.SUPERVISION:
- EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 - 1 years of related experience.
- Experience with food, chemical, or drug manufacturing equipment
- Ability to learn and understand Current Good Manufacturing
- Experience in operation of a forklift and other material
handling equipment preferred.
- Computer skills and data entry experience preferred.
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Knoxville , Production Operator I, Professions , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!