Production Planner, BioPDO
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Primient is a global provider of ingredients and solutions to the
food, beverage, and other industries, operating from 6 locations in
the U.S.A and Brazil. Through large scale, efficient manufacturing
plants, Primient turns raw materials into distinctive, high-quality
ingredients. These ingredients and solutions add taste, texture,
nutrition, and increased functionality to products that millions of
people around the world use or consume every day.
The incumbent will support the BioPDO Area Manager and interface
with other functional departments by providing all production
planning duties. The duties of this position are generally listed
below, duties will be modified/expanded as needed.
- Review open sales orders and liaises with Product manager to
determine customer requirements
- Responsible for production planning of warehouse and all
- Lead planning meeting
- Schedule usage of production materials to ensure optimal
- Responsible for ordering all production raw materials and
maintain adequate safety stock
- Evaluate suppliers for quality, timeliness and match according
- Monitor material supply flow and identify any shortages or
bottlenecks in usage
- Identify and resolve problems relating to inventory
- Address issues regarding quality and production
- Produce reports based on findings and performance of
- Manage deadlines based on project expectations
- Manage SAP setup process for creating new material
- Schedule and manage bulk order shipments (Rail, trucks and
- Responsible for physical inventory count at month and year
- Back-up for warehouse logistics when needed to cover
- Other administrative duties as necessary
Skills and Experience Required
- 1+ years of experience in SAP. Experience with writing purchase
requisitions and inventory management preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a related field.
- Technical certifications such as an APICS certification
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to
- Minimum of a high school diploma required or equivalent.
Associate degree preferred.
What we offer you:
At Primient you will have the opportunity to drive end to end
solutions while owning a high level of accountability and
ownership. Additionally, you will have access to:
- Competitive salary
- 401K matching and non-contingent matching plans
- Full suite of benefit offerings starting Day 1
This position requires the ability to safely perform the following
- Lifting of up to 55 pounds without mechanical assistance.
- Climb a vertical ladder up to 15ft
- Climb several flights of stairs, several times a shift
- Stand for up to 1 hour without sitting
- Bending and twisting motion at the waist and knees
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
potentially exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving
mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally
exposed to a variety of extreme conditions on site. The noise level
in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position
regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside
conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and
exposure to dust. In addition this job also operates in a
professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard
office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets and fax machines.
Primient is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the
strength of an inclusive workforce.
Successful candidates must also pass a computer test, drug screen,
and background check.
Keywords: Primient, Knoxville , Production Planner, BioPDO, Professions , Harriman, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!