Truck Driver Student
Company: XPO Logistics, Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Company: XPO Logistics
Pay starts at $15.89
Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 out of the top 50 logistics companies in North America, and Forbes named us one of America's best employers. The XPO Logistics Freight (LTL) Driver Sales Representative Student (DSR Student) Program is an intensive twelve-module training program consisting of classroom education and hands-on driving experience. As a DSR Student, you will work as a dock worker for a minimum of 30 days prior to the start of classroom training, which can last up to 90 days in the program. If successfully completed, you will be eligible to test to obtain a Commercial Driver's License-A (CDL-A) with hazardous materials endorsements and doubles/triples endorsements; and upon meeting all other company requirements, you may be eligible to be offered a Driver Sales Representative position.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Unload and load freight off/on trailers
- Under supervision, perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- Maintain records in accordance with FMCSR, DOT and company policies
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Handle hazardous materials and adhere to company safety policies
- Maintain contact with service center personnel in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- To be at least 21 years old
- Must obtain a CDL-A permit by the first day of class
- Must initiate the TSA fingerprint-based background check by completing the fingerprinting process no later than the second week of class
- Ability to lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally); safely operate heavy equipment; move and position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
- Ability to safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; work in adverse weather conditions; safely reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties; safely climb in and out of a tractor cab and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or forklift
- Safe driving record and history
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals; pass a company-paid DOT physical
- Pass a company-paid post-offer, pre-hire, screen test (physical essential functions); perform essential functions with or without an accommodation
- Must be able to obtain a CDL-A with these endorsements: double/triple trailers, tanker and hazmat by the end of the training program
- Availability to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends; also work a designated shift prior to or following a 4-hour unpaid classroom training session
It'd be great if you also have:
- Forklift experience
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Or--al, Toyota and many others. We're the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Keywords: XPO Logistics, Inc., Knoxville , Truck Driver Student, Professions , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!