Information Systems Consultant - Business Intelligence and Commercial Solutions
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
This position will provide senior-level project leadership for the discovery, design, delivery, and support of new and existing enterprise applications and business analytics solutions serving the Corporate business functions and the Bauxite, Alumina, and Aluminum BU manufacturing and commercial areas. The current portfolio of applications and tools in this area predominantly include customized ASP.NET, Oracle PL/SQL, and Excel-based solutions which leverage other third-party application platforms. Additional applications / tools to be considered for the portfolio will include mobile and cloud analytics solutions.
The scope of responsibilities is global. This position will work intimately with the Alcoa Metal and Energy Risk Management customer organization to understand, improve, and transform their business processes. This position will work on teams with other Alcoans as well as onshore and offshore contract team members to deliver and support business solutions to various internal customers within Alcoa. This position will also work within the Alcoa Information Technology and Automation Solutions (ITAS) organization to utilize leading web technologies and best practices to effectively deliver business solutions as well as promote BI/BA solution concepts and best practices to deliver advanced business results. This position will interact with Alcoa's technical teams, partners technical teams, and/or leverage third-party vendors to determine technical strategy options, resolve issues, and accelerate customer delivery.
Major activities include the following.
* Lead the project development and execution, resulting in the successful delivery of business and analytics solutions which meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Develop an in-depth understanding of the business processes or technologies in area(s) of assignment; participate in, and learn how to perform, the analysis of the customer's processes to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
* Establish and maintain a high level of customer interaction within area of responsibility in order to identify and recommend new business and analytics solutions, enhancements to existing solutions, and/or business process improvements in order to achieve continued business results.
* Deliver results through the effective use of remote personnel or teams who do not have a direct reporting relationship to the incumbent. Ensure support resources have appropriate training and documentation to deliver project results or resolve customer support issues.
* Provide reactionary support and proactive preventative maintenance on existing solutions, interfaces, or technologies within assigned areas or responsibility, with minimal supervision. Ensure all service interruptions are investigated and communicated appropriately. Establish appropriate solution support processes and procedures, including key performance/quality metrics and indicators.
* Establish and maintain a strong partnership with global Alcoa ITAS team members to jointly define new opportunities to leverage advanced business and analytics solution techniques, processes, and tools within their functional business or technical areas, as well as transition new/existing solutions, where appropriate.
* Pursue continuous learning consistent with the movement in job requirements, changes in technology, and changes in the customer business organization.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
MINIMUM TRAVEL REQUIRED
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, business, math, or related subject from an accredited institution.
* Minimum of 2 years experience in interfacing with Risk Managers and Traders in a Front Office, Back Office, or a similar reporting role within a commodity/stock trading operation.
* Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities including financial modeling and analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in small to large teams comprised of global and multi-disciplinary members spanning several organization levels.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel solution delivery utilizing VBA macros, PowerPivot models, and Power Query.
* Experience with data visualization tools, such as Power BI or Tableau.
* Demonstrated project management experience in leading several small to large projects, and demonstrate a solid understanding of project management processes, methodologies, and techniques.
* Demonstrated experience in all phases of the system development lifecycle.
* Demonstrated experience in data modeling, database design, data mining, and data management.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate moderately complex information effectively across business disciplines and organization levels.
* Strong experience with Visual Studio development and related code management tools.
* Proficiency in data base scripting utilizing PL/SQL and/or T-SQL.
* Experience with Microsoft BI data analysis and reporting tools SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
* Experience with Oracle Hyperion, Essbase, and/or SmartView.
* Possess a high attention to detail.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* Experience in Azure DevOps.
* Experience with COBIT 5 framework.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Alcoa, Knoxville , Information Systems Consultant - Business Intelligence and Commercial Solutions, Professions , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!