Electrical Engineer IV - Functional Safety - Knoxville
Company: PRA USA
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Electrical Engineer IV - Functional Safety Knoxville, TNSummary of the Electrical Engineer IV - Functional Safety:Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering the Electrical Engineer IV will be a key member of the Product Development department in the development of electronic hardware used in industrial applications where Functional Safety is critical. Our client is a rapidly growing Industrial Controls company who designs and manufacturers industrial hardened products for Industrial Controls OEM's. Their product offering includes both brand labeled products, as well as products that are marketed under their own label. The company is described as agile, apolitical and refreshing. Employees thrive in a friendly work environment where people enjoy coming to work, and laughter in the hallways is commonplace. Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer IV - Functional Safety:
- Analyzes requirements to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Works with product management to clarify and resolve project requirements.
- Leads the engineering life cycle of hardware products including architecture, design,implementation, production release, and production support.
- Creates hardware design solutions for industrial applications where Functional Safety is critical.
- Simulates and tests design concepts to assure that design meets the productrequirements. This may include computer simulations, proof of concept development,or prototype testing.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to performengineering and design tasks.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings andschematics.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing of prototype product or system.
- In conjunction with the Test Team, plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to developments of systems or other uses.
- Maintains an active role in transition of product from design into production including: fabrication, process development, testing, failure analysis, and inspection.
- Works with quality assurance on customer technical issues that cannot be resolved by other resources.
- Maintains relationships with vendors.
- May assume a project team leadership role. Qualifications of the Electrical Engineer IV - Functional Safety:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree with a focus on electronic hardware design.
- Significant experience in the development of electronic hardware used in industrial applications. Typically requires 7 years of related experience.
- Formal functional or process safety training and certification from a recognized body such as TUV, exida, or ISA; Or 3-5 years of Functional Safety experience.
- Experience with schematic capture tools.
- Experience with printed circuit board layout principles for industrial applications.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet functional safety standards; IEC 61508 and/or SIL2/SIL3
- Experience with fault tolerant design, redundant design, or high availability design.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet product certification requirements, such as UL, CE, or IEC 61010.
- Experience with PADS, OrCAD, GC-Prevue, and Omnify will be preferred
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet security standards, such as IEC 62443 and/or functional safety standards, such as IEC 61511 will be preferred
- Experience with two or more of the following: digital circuit design, microprocessor-based board level design, FPGA-based designs, analog circuit design, power supply design will be preferred Compensation of the Electrical Engineer IV - Functional Safety:Salary Range: $120,000-$145,000/year, depending on experienceType: DirectLocation: Knoxville, TNTravel: As and when requiredRelocation Assistance: Subject to reviewVisa Sponsorship: Subject to review
Knowledge of the following areas will be preferred: Electrical Engineer, Functional Safety, Hardware Design, Industrial Controls, BSEE, Electrical Engineering, TUV, exida, ISA, IEC 61508, SIL2/SIL3, fault tolerant design, redundant design, PADS, OrCAD, GC-Prevue, Omnify, IEC 62443, IEC 61511; digital circuit design, microprocessor-based board level design, FPGA-based designs, analog circuit design, power supply design
Keywords: PRA USA, Knoxville , Electrical Engineer IV - Functional Safety - Knoxville, Professions , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!